Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is difficult to treat completely. Psoriasis plaques appear on many different parts of the body, causing the patient a lot of inconvenience and suffering. A notable cosmetic defect worsens the relationship with others, provoking the growth of complexes.
Treatment of psoriasis requires an integrated approach. Failure to seek medical help in time leads to serious consequences: the disease can be hereditary. Adhering to the doctor's recommendations will reduce suffering and symptoms of psoriasis.
Cause of what happened
Skin diseases are of great concern to researchers. Doctors have only the assumptions, the factors that can cause psoriasis. The most common cause of psoriasis is a genetic predisposition. However, dermatologists have yet to come to consensus: “Why does psoriasis appear?
There are two theories:The first
- says: the scaly lichen develops as the epidermal cells mature, their reproduction and differentiation is disturbed. Autoimmune processes play a minor role;
- second hypothesis: the cause of damage to the skin is a malfunctioning immune system. Problems with the normal functioning of the epidermal cells are secondary.
- lacks vitamins and minerals in the body due to less vegetables and fruits in the menu;
- impaired mental health due to frequent stress;
- strong drug abuse;
- metabolic disorder due to inadequate nutrition;
- decreased immunity after infectious diseases.
- hypertensive patients;
- obese people;
- those who drink excessively;
- patient has undergone chemotherapy, corticosteroid therapy, and strong antibiotics.
Symptoms and Stage of Disease
Stages of psoriasis eruption:
- early stage. On elbows, other areas, pink or reddish papules appear, with a scaly, heterogeneous structure. Over time, the rash occupies an increasingly large area, the skin appears red, swollen, itchy;
- most of the symptoms appear in people who are full with drugs. In the at-risk group - people with psychological trauma;
- The next stage is the appearance of the Kebner phenomenon. After scratching, on the body appeared scratches, wounds, bleeding areas. Gradually they merge, forming lines and symmetry arrays. Nails are often affected;
- third stage. The rash becomes brighter, the plaques have a clear border, the affected areas turn green, itchy, flaky;
- Symptoms subside. The skin is first peeled, then the color of the epidermis is restored. The final stage is the re-absorption of the infiltrators, improving the skin's condition.
Is psoriasis contagious? When communicating, shaking hands, playing with each other, having sex be infected? The answer is no! "The nature of the pathology is different, there are no viruses and fungi on the skin. Don't push the psoriasis patient away from you! It was difficult for him. Morally support him.
- elbow joints. Relatively light form. The clearly contoured array groups appear symmetrically on both arms. Color - salmon or pink red;
- palm. The disease is characterized by keratinization of surfaces, peeling, itching;
- ears and scalp. Psoriasis eruptions appear on the inside and outside of the blisters, on the head. In the event of a sudden itching inside the ear, it is advisable to see a dermatologist immediately; foot
- . Most often, plaques, red, itchy rashes on the lower extremities appear concurrently with a rash on the hands. Outwardly, the manifestations of the disease are similar;
- comes back. Scaly lichen affects different areas of the back. The rash is teardrop-shaped. Usually, the rash looks like regular plaques; the face
- . In this area, the rash is less common. On the eyebrows, in the nasolabial folds appear small papules near the eyes. In some isolated cases, a scaly formation is visible on the lips.
A dermatologist or therapist can easily diagnose psoriasis by its characteristic features. Sometimes it is necessary to biopsy the affected skin. The microscopic piece is sent for laboratory research.
One drop blood scan method is widely advertised. Special computer programs and high power electron microscopes are used.
Experts recommend that you waive the service of "physicians" without a medical degree. The quackers often only use this method to diagnose various diseases without the need to bother with additional studies.
Remember to see a dermatologist, a therapist. An experienced doctor will tell you if you have psoriasis based on clinical signs.
Methods of treatment
How to cure psoriasis? Complex therapy will help to eliminate unpleasant symptoms, improve the patient's condition. In many cases, the treatment is long-term, with the addition of provoking factors, possible relapses.
Experts recommend not only the use of drugs but also folk formulas, nutritional diets, physiotherapy. It is imperative that the patient comply strictly with the prescription of the doctor.
Both topical and systemic medications are used:
- anti-inflammatory drug;
- ointments and gels for psoriasis.
- projector lamp;
- ultraviolet radiation; laser therapy
- cryotherapy method.
Nutrition for psoriasis
It is imperative that the patient adhere to a hypoallergenic diet for psoriasis. Consume fewer foods that can cause blood to accumulate on the affected skin. It is important to focus on foods rich in vitamins and minerals.
- spicy dishes;
- smoked products; alcohol
- red pepper, black pepper, other spices; coffee
- hot drinks.
- whole milk;
- vegetables, red fruits.
Folk remedies and recipes
After consulting with a dermatologist or therapist, add home remedies to your medications, physiotherapy. Ointments, medicinal tonics, ointments, bath water will improve the condition, reduce itching and burning.
Treating psoriasis at home with folk remedies. Best recipes:
- bathing rope and sea salt. Prepare the decoction: per liter of water - 2 tablespoons. l. sequence. Pour 4 tablespoons into the tub. l. sea salt, pour in the filtered broth. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. An excellent soothing, drying agent;
- water medicinal herbs.Mix one teaspoon of nettle, burdock root, licorice and linden in 0. 5 liters of water. Boil for 5 minutes, let it incubate. Wipe the affected area with healing broth several times a day;
- tea from dandelion root, nettle leaves, St. John's wortdrink. Drink perfect blood cleansing, increase immunity, soothing;
- lotion.Drink 4 tablespoons. l. Celandine, add calendula, vines, chives, chamomile (all herbs will need 2 tbsp. l. ). Pour 1 liter of hot water into the water bath. Gauze dipped in broth, applied to the painful area 2 times a day;
- homemade ointment.Combine equal proportions of fish oil, turpentine, aloe vera juice, olive oil, sulfur, and black birch. Add the same amount of celandine, draft resolution, pour a few drops of sea buckthorn oil. Let it temper, tense. Lubricate affected areas every day. Tools to sooth the skin, reduce itching, heal wounds;
- apply black birchon elbows, ears, other areas affected by the appearance of scaly lichen; Monastic tea
- for psoriasis treatment.Herbal water will help relieve the illness.
Psoriasis skin in children
Chronic illness occurs in babies and older children. Most cases of psoriasis were recorded in preschoolers and primary school children.
- appears spots, bubbles, red spots on the skin;
- gradually worsens itching, peeling appearance;
- itchy body, crusts crack, painful areas appear.
Main locations of lesions:
- legs, arms; Psoriasis
- sometimes affects nails.
The diagnosis is very simple. The obvious symptoms are difficult to confuse with the manifestations of other diseases.
- hormonal imbalance;
- a cold;
- some drugs; genetic predisposition
- respiratory diseases;
- sudden climate change.
- properly takes care of your skin;
- ascorbic acid;
- vitamin B12;
- ointments and gels; Antihistamine
Herbal bath with chamomile, grass, royal lynx, is effective. The calming charge will help improve sleep. In severe cases, the doctor will prescribe sleeping pills.
Children sometimes need hospitalization to relieve acute symptoms. Don't give up the hospital. Drops and injections significantly reduce the disease condition.
Tip!Do not prescribe strong drugs on your own. Doctors are trying to use fewer drugs with more toxic effects.
There are no specific precautions to prevent this serious skin condition. For this reason, many people experience unpleasant symptoms for many years.
Occasionally trauma is as serious as infrequent rash and itching during exacerbations. Try to reduce the progression of the disease.
What else can you do:
- avoid hypothermia;
- keeps the room at the optimum humidity;
- takes good care of the cuticles;
- creates a quiet home environment;
- , if necessary, change your job to avoid stressful situations and other harmful influences;
- doesn't hurt your skin.
Remember- you're not alone in trouble. Diagnosis of psoriasis is recorded in outpatient records of hundreds of thousands of people. Do not despair, even with such a serious illness you can still live without losing hope for the future. Communicate, seek support from loved ones, follow your doctor's recommendations. Try to prevent the disease from drowning you.