A complex systemic disease accompanied by damage to the skin is psoriasis. In a healthy body, cells live for 30-40 days, after which they are renewed. With the development of psoriasis, the life span of skin cells is 4-5 days. When they die, flaking, plaque, and dry will occur. Early treatment of psoriasis is always easier, so it is important not to let the disease start. The treatments in the progression phase vary considerably. You will read about only the first stage treatment of psoriasis in the article.
Cause of the disease
In psoriasis, the work of several systems is interrupted at the same time: endocrine, immunological, neurological. Until the end, doctors have yet to find out the cause of this disease, nor invent a cure for psoriasis.
Experts give the following hypotheses about the development of the disease:
- Virus.Retroviruses, which are inherited, can be responsible for psoriasis. In many patients, changes are found in the peripheral lymph nodes, which may indicate the viral nature of the disease.
- Immune.With weakened immunity and impaired protective mechanisms at the cellular level, favorable conditions are created for the progression of psoriasis. Among the causes of the disease is autoimmune aggression, a process by which lymphocytes begin to attack the body's own healthy cells.
- Contagious.Many researchers have looked for psoriasis causative agents. Epidermis, spirochetes, and streptococci have been suspected, but all the hypotheses are still incorrect. However, scientists have discovered that infectious diseases: SARS, influenza, and tonsillitis are a mechanism that promotes the development of psoriasis. In 90% of cases, this disease is accompanied by tonsillitis.
- Heredity.Psoriasis is passed on to children from parents. 60% of patients have relatives with this skin disease. If one parent is diagnosed with psoriasis, the risk of such a disease in a child increases by 25%, if both parents are sick - to 60%.
- Metabolized.Metabolic disorders (lipids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals) can cause psoriasis. The patient often disturbs the functioning of the thyroid gland and other glands of the endocrine system.
Main Signs and Symptoms
This local disease is not contagious. Damaged skin, nails, and hair. A small rash appears on the epidermis, on which papules form over time - bright red or pink areas protrude on the skin. From above, they are covered with silver scales (plaques).
Lumps may be a little itchy or not cause any discomfort, peeling off may not be noticeable. At first, the size of the diseased skin areas is 1-2 mm, over time their size is estimated to be about 10 cm or more.
Early Psoriasis: Which part of the body can be affected by the disease? The main symptoms of the disease of different localizations:
- On top.Scalp raised red scaly patches with dandruff-like scales. In this case, the hair is not involved in the pathological process. Pruritus was observed in patients. Skin damage can spread to the neck and ears.
- On the face.At an early stage, psoriatic plaques form on the skin around the eyes, on the eyelids, on the nasal folds and on the eyebrows. Sometimes, psoriasis affects the mucous membranes of the mouth, cheeks, lips, tongue, and, more often, the lip contour.
- On hand.Single red papules appear on the palms of the hands and between fingers. The back of the hand is affected much less often. If spots form on the fingertips, they lose sensitivity over time. Psoriasis can spread to nails.
- On the elbow.At an early stage, individual elements of psoriasis appear, covered with silvery scales. They then develop into a persistent affected area of skin, from which it is easy to remove the scale and a thin film. After this action, the affected area is red-pink in color, appearing blood droplets on it.
- On my feet.The skin of the feet and instep is affected. The symptoms are similar to those with elbow psoriasis: at an early stage, small lesions develop, expand into large areas, symptomatic of blood mist.
How and how to treat early psoriasis
Cures psoriasis forever - how is reality? Unfortunately, so far the answer has been disappointing - this autoimmune disease can be corrected, but it is not possible to eliminate it completely.
Treatment of psoriasis in its early stages brings great results and allows you to get rid of the visible pathological manifestations. Traditional medicine uses ointments, creams, solutions, ultraviolet radiation therapy, medicine for the whole body. There are also remedies for her, but not with stable results.
Patients with different types of psoriasis need to learn the basics of an alkaline diet. The patient needs to eat foods that are alkaline in the environment inside. Their portion should be 65-75%, one part acidic food - 25-35%.
- One-third of the diet is unprocessed vegetables and fruits. Add to the menu radish, cabbage, carrot, herbs, cucumber, onion, garlic, celery.
- Another third of the daily diet for psoriasis patients are complex carbohydrates and natural sweets in limited quantities. Eat porridge (barley, buckwheat), dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots, dates).
- The last part of the diet is animal and plant proteins. Eat lean meats, fish, peas, beans, nuts, eggs, and nuts. Polyunsaturated fatty acids should also be included in the diet.
- Drink at least 7-10 glasses of clean water per day. Alcohol is prohibited.
- For an effective treatment, abandon citrus, fatty dairy products and meat, chocolate, red products. Use honey to a minimum.
- It is important to exclude sweets, spicy, smoked and sour foods from the diet, as they have an adverse effect on the skin. The amount of salt should be reduced to a minimum.
Treatment of psoriasis in an early stage is carried out successfully with the prescription of the drug. There are several groups of them.
Preparations for topical use: creams and ointments. Medicines include water, emulsifiers and oils. They are sufficient to treat the early stages of psoriasis.
Ointments are hormonal and non-hormonal. The second group is safer, but not as effective.
Pills. Medicinal treatment of psoriasis is more often used to combat the advanced phase.
Body therapy. Its nature (dosage, duration of treatment) is determined only by the doctor for the treatment of advanced forms of pathology.
- vitamins; fatty acids
- liver protection drugs;
- anti-allergic agent; Preparations
- for the removal of toxins from the intestine.
What is psoriasis and how is it treated? Complexity of therapy is important. In the early stages of psoriasis, it is the proper nutrition, topical use of drugs and treatment with physiotherapy procedures. Then aim at:
- decreased central nervous stimulation;
- normalizes the patient's psychological state;
- relieves itching;
- accelerates the resorption of psoriatic papules.
- An excellent treatment with a soothing effect.
- As the body recovers completely, the papules decrease in size and the disease is reduced.
- A patient with psoriasis needs 8-10 courses of 20-60 minutes.
- During the first sessions, the patient falls asleep, and then goes into deep sleep.
- Affected areas of the skin are treated with X-rays, which promote the resorption of the psoriatic plaques.
- Treatment involves the use of soft x-rays.
- Every 4-7 days, the total dose of radiation is safe (3, 5-4 Gy).
- The skin is treated with ultrasound waves with a vibration of 800-3000 kHz.
- A process that eliminates inflammation, itching and pain, reduces allergen sensitivity, and kills bacteria.
- The process cycle consists of 8-14 sessions, each one quarter-hour long.
Among other physiological methods that are effective against psoriasis, notably cryotherapy, immersion in a magnetic field, treatment with electric current, laser. Treatment of psoriasis at home can be combined with bathing with sea salt (in 1 liter of water 5 g salt, temperature - 37-38 ° C, duration of 15 minutes, 15-20 sessions daily). When illness does start, it is important to attend nursing home and participate in health plans.
Psoriasis is effectively treated by treating affected skin areas with ultraviolet rays. The wavelength should be 311-313 nm, but an expert may recommend a different radiation spectrum. The patient is immersed in a special chamber equipped with ultraviolet lamps. Before that, he used photosensitive drugs to increase the effectiveness of treatment. One effective method of UV therapy is PUVA therapy. The wavelength is 320-400 nm. To achieve good treatment results, the patient has to undergo 25 exposures, of which 80% of the damaged area disappears.
Effective folk remedies at home
In the early stages of psoriasis you can use folk formulas:
- Treat acne with egg oil. To get half a cup of product, you need 20 homemade eggs. Boil product for 15 minutes after boiling. You need the yolk. Crush them into porridge and fry them in an oil-free pan over low heat for 45 minutes. Transfer the prepared weight to cheesecloth and wring. Apply the oil to the affected areas 1-2 times a day until the symptoms of psoriasis are completely eliminated.
- Treatment of the first stage with complex ointments for psoriasis. Ingredients: 50 grams of black birch, 20 grams of grease or kerosene, 10 grams of boric acid, 30 grams of honey, 1 egg white, 10 grams of fish oil. Store in a dark corner. Lubricate the papules 1-2 times a day.
- Treatment with royal tree juice. Treat affected skin areas with fresh juice from the roots. This should be done at an early stage daily throughout the summer for three consecutive seasons.
Clinical Features in Children
Do not use folk remedies on a growing body. They are not always effective, and the delay in this case is completely unacceptable. When psoriasis is in the early stages, parents should take the child to a dermatologist, the doctor will prescribe a comprehensive examination and treatment. If the disease has not spread much, the child is prescribed ointments for topical application: keratosis drugs and anti-inflammatory drugs.
The top layer of the psoriatic plaques is removed with the help of tar-sulfuric or salicylic ointment. To do this, let the bandage on the skin soaked in the active ingredient, this will be removed after 3-5 hours. After that, the child should shower continuously - it will help to get rid of the scabs easily. The final stage of treatment - drugs with glucocorticoids are applied to the skin in a dosage prescribed by the doctor. Children are prescribed antihistamines and complex vitamins.
What the early stages of psoriasis look like - photo
The first stage of psoriasis is accompanied by lesions in some areas of the body.
If you see a rash as shown in the photo, please see a dermatologist promptly. There is no need to hope that the problem will be solved by itself.
This skin disease is very complex and requires prompt and comprehensive treatment. The earlier a person see a specialist, the more favorable the result.
Successful therapies lead to rapid remission and restore quality of life.