When a person gets a skin rash, a few ignore them for a long time in the belief that "pass". If you ignore the first signs of such serious diseases as psoriasis or eczema, the consequences could be bad. The dermatologist will not be difficult to distinguish them from each other, and then select the appropriate treatment. But the ability to see that the professionals are not always available. This will help you determine the type of rash, if I understand the psoriasis or eczema?
Similarities between psoriasis, eczema
Between psoriasis, eczema, indeed, obvious to the naked eye similarities, because of which many confuse these diseases. Both the disease affects the skin. And the psoriasis, eczema characteristics to the same parts of the body that suffer first. In both cases, these are the hands and feet (approximately 80% of cases).
Another similarity is that both diseases can occur in different forms. For example, it may be characterized by the abundant desquamation. The same in the pathogenesis of both diseases. To provoke them to back share the same causes: excessive alcohol consumption, poor nutrition, hormonal failure, problems with the immune system of the body, etc.
What is the difference between psoriasis, eczema?
Even the differences between psoriasis, eczema more than the similarities. If a similar disease mainly to external manifestations, the difference becomes apparent, a closer observation to the course of the disease.
The psoriasis there are effects that are not observed in eczema:
- Stearin macular. Especially in the case if you remove the top balance. The more you remove, the more new;
- The effect of the wet film. If you remove completely all the scales plaque, on the surface remains visible in the film of liquid transparent color with a pinkish tinge;
- Bloody dew. If you remove the film formed after the removal of the balance sheet, sealing a small volume.
The dermatologist I pay attention to other striking differences:
- eczema more severe itching, burning;
- spots, eczema isn't a clear path, which is not true, the psoriasis plaques;
- peel the eczema, rash, grey-yellow, white psoriasis;
- eczema affect the soft areas of the skin (e.g., wrinkles), psoriasis, solid (e.g., knee, elbow);
- on the surface, rash, psoriasis, dry skin looks very dry in the area around the plaques eczema is wet.
To accurately diagnose, or the other disease, it is necessary to know features:
- Characteristics of psoriasis. The disease is manifested in the rash, which can affect up to 70%, the area of the skin. Spots characterized by very dry, scaly, red-colored or bright Burgundy shades. There are body parts that are rarely affected by eczema, but often the psoriasis the nails and the scalp. Distinguishing features of the psoriasis, to recognize, which is enough to work with the plaques of the "triad" of the above effects: the effect of stearin spot, a wet film, bloody dew;
- Characteristics of eczema. Rash, a clear contour and a definite shape. The disease does not affect the nail plate, as this body part is too hard. Eczema takes many forms: reflex, microbiological, atopic. The last is the most common, problems associated with the immune system of the body. The eczema often develops on the background of serious disorders of the nerves, the constant stress, and other psychological problems. Often the treatment becomes complicated due to secondary infections when scratching, itching spots on the infection occurs.
What is allergic dermatitis
Allergic dermatitis is another common skin disease. Inflammatory process causes, with exposure to a stimulus, the allergen, which is not tolerated by the organization. This material can be any item, the problem is not that he individually responds to the skin.
Most common allergens:
- Nickel (any jewelry: rings, earrings, etc.);
- latex (gloves, condoms, baby pacifiers);
- drug hypersensitivity (often antibiotics);
- cosmetics for skin care;
- certain materials used in the manufacture of clothing (plastic, rubber, etc.);
- materials containing toxins (for example, any paints, etc.).
The development of eczema depends on several factors, the main of which is the period of time during which the allergen had an irritating effect on the skin, the person's age, general state of health.
The symptoms of allergic dermatitis changes with the passage of time. First, the skin will appear red spots, usually large in size. Often, this phenomenon is ignored, which leads to the development of the next – the formation of small bubbles. During the inflammatory process, they gradually broke the land remains wet skin spots. If you ignore this symptom, in the form of crusts, which crack constantly, what is causing the bleeding.
How to treat psoriasis
Psoriasis treatment requires a comprehensive approach. Usually it is necessary to combine the drug for external use within the diet. To determine which drug is the best prescribed, you must understand the reason which induced the disease.
For example, if the precipitation was not a sign that the immune system of the body, then, first of all, you need to start the drugs within to strengthen. If the disease originated in the nervous system, begin treatment you need to work on the psychological state of a person. The experienced dermatologist first to determine the cause, then study the specifics of the organization, and only then pick up the drugs.
There is also a lot of popular recipe that many effectively used to combat psoriasis. For example, the popular ointment based on the solido. You can buy them ready to cook for yourself. Easy to prepare an ointment on the basis of solido, honey, egg yolk.
If the treatment of folk recipes do not give the desired results, it is important not to delay treatment to the experts.
The ointment of psoriasis can be divided into two main groups: hormonal based, I don't. A dermatologist can prescribe first, others are encouraged to non-hormonal products. Let's look at each group.
Hormonal ointments the most common type of medicines for psoriasis. Opponents of such funds talk about the dangerous side effects after application, if the treatment is stopped. Doctors explain that hormonal drugs taken by mouth is dangerous because it negatively affects the immune system, the underlying defects of work. Remedies for external use this ability can't be, so the only necessary condition for the safe treatment is not too prolonged use (to avoid habituation), blurred finish.
The absolute advantage of the hormonal ointments psoriasis the efficiency, the speed to reach the desired result. After a few minutes the application usually after relief, eliminating the unpleasant symptoms such as severe itching, burning sensation, and subside inflammation. Of course, for single use only hormone cream will not be enough, in general, the treatment duration of a few weeks.
Ointments, which are not hormonal based, also often used in the treatment of psoriasis. Often dishes are prepared from traditional recipes.
One of the advantages is that it is the treatment of choice to significantly lower costs, the security, the minimum number of contraindications. Non-hormonal cream in psoriasis, or divided into several groups:
- Traditional ointment: Ichthyol, tar, Naftali, Kartali. These drugs have a high degree of efficiency by providing antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic action. The main downside is the inconvenient to use. All sharp, unpleasant smell, long in soak, ruin your clothes and require frequent application;
- Keraslysis. These funds most effectively to accelerate the healing process of the plaque. This becomes possible by increasing the process of exfoliation of dead cells. In addition to the anti-inflammatory, keraslysis have a strong antimicrobial effect;
- Herbal ointments. Despite its prevalence, doctors are encouraged to see that such drugs wisely, use them, not as a primary means of treatment, as adjunctive therapy. Anti-inflammatory, healing effect, to be herbal ointments, perfectly complement the effects of the main drugs used in the treatment of psoriasis;
- Moisturizing ointments, creams. It should be used, as well as herbal drugs, as tools to enhance the effect of the main drugs. Moisturizing cream has a beneficial effect on skin condition, this is happening on a cellular level, which accelerates the regeneration of the damaged plaques plots.
The eczema treatment
The treatment of eczema are appointed by the dermatologist based on the individual characteristics of the organism and the disease. The therapy consists of to several factors: the impact of the affected area of the skin medicines for external use, eliminate contact with irritants, the diet. When the advanced form of the disease, it may be necessary to take more serious drugs, such as antibiotics.
To eliminate the itching, which are characteristic of eczema from the very beginning of development, it is often prescribed Allergy medicine. They can be used, all of the revenue for external use. Often the treatment designated by lotions, or compresses, antiseptics. The faster solution in the inflammatory process, it is desirable to start administration of funds which have in their composition the corticosteroids.
Psoriasis, eczema, atopic dermatitis - therapeutic nutrition
Nutritional therapy is an essential part of the therapy of all diseases of the skin. Something strange, because at first glance, the rashes on the skin have no relation to each other, under the condition that the stomach and digestive system. However, any dermatologist would certainly seem to support this relationship.
Psoriasis, eczema, or other similar diseases, because the same advice on nutrition. It should be noted that this diet is not particularly difficult, so if you want to be used very quickly.
From the diet to exclude fatty, fried, spicy. Special emphasis shall be carried out in the plant foods, vegetables, fruits (but not citrus, to avoid the possible action allergens). Is strictly prohibited products, such as coffee, alcohol. Sometimes, especially eczema, dermatologists recommend fasting days. At this time, it's best to use a neutral product, fresh squeezed fruit juices (Apple, vegetable, carrot). If you have any questions regarding nutrition you can consult to the dermatologist.