Exacerbation of psoriasis is one of the most serious problem the patient is suffering from this disease. What can I do about the aggravation? Negative symptoms accompanied by psychological discomfort, the patient REQUIRES MEDICAL INTERVENTION.
The reasons for the development of arthritis exacerbations varied enough. Often marked recurrence of the disease in the absence of cause, i.e. spontaneously. Therefore, in order to figure out how to remove the psoriasis exacerbation, you need to understand the contributing factors.
Contributing factors in the development of psoriasis
Causes of arthritis exacerbations is not fully understood. Recurrence able to comment on negative symptoms, as well as that continues for a long time.
Most often trigger the development of acute:
- the excessive physical load;
- the stress, emotional breakdowns;
- chronic infection in the body;
- if the patient disorders of the endocrine system;
- sharp change of climatic conditions;
- a bad diet;
- long-term use of certain medications;
- the excessive consumption of alcohol, Smoking;
- the irritating action of household chemicals, cosmetics.
The exacerbation is possible any time of the year, but most commonly psoriasis occurs in autumn and winter. This is possible because in the summer the natural ultraviolet radiation has a positive effect on the skin of the patient as preventing psoriasis.
In the period of the psoriasis exacerbation (winter, autumn) I MISS the sun effect on the BODY at LOW TEMPERATURES. Therefore, as a general rule, during this period increase the incidence of viral diseases, reduce the immune system, therefore weakening the body that is vulnerable.
It should be noted that sometimes there are atypical cases where the psoriasis aggravates, summer, spring. In this case, sunlight triggers the inflammatory process in the skin. In these patients it is recommended in the summer to protect your skin from the sunlight.
The symptoms development of acute
As a general rule, relapse of psoriasis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- the formation of the papules, the disappearance of which the skin is bright pink foil;
- in addition, the papules on the sites of the injury, the skin;
- the patient's skin redd brittle, itching, peeling;
- marked feeling of dryness, tightness of the skin.
If you notice such symptoms, you should consult a dermatologist as the treatment at a time to avoid the worsening of psoriasis development.
The worsening of the disease during pregnancy, after childbirth
Pregnancy in patients with psoriasis exacerbation possible 10-20%, and improvement of general condition is observed, the end of the first trimester (50%). Final causes of this disease is not fully understood, but it is known that the high levels of estrogen, progesterone produced in the state, an immunosuppressive action indicators of cortisol contribute to the anti-inflammatory effect.
It is suggested that the psoriasis exacerbation during pregnancy, and the absence of possible, given the history of previous pregnancies. The general rule is that 87% of the cases, the next pregnancy proceeds as the previous. Many expectant mothers employ the question is, WHAT happens if the PSORIASIS EXACERBATION, HOW to AVOID it?
It is important to note that patients with a predisposition to the psoriasis symptoms you need during pregnancy your doctor. Otherwise, the exacerbation of psoriasis symptoms can lead to early-onset, birth, birth of a baby to the malnutrition.
The hormonal changes in the woman's body after childbirth, breastfeeding can be given a "rollback" (the opposite effect), when the psoriasis is developing at a fast pace. This is due to the fact that the body as a consequence of the childbirth globally new. Of the 16 patients studied after the birth, 6 women psoriasis worse a severe. 8 observed secondary exacerbation, only 2 young women, in consequence of the birth psoriasis not be seen.
As a general rule, after childbirth is not recommended pharmacological treatment (except in pathological cases), because there is the likelihood that the drugs breast milk to the child.
During the treatment of psoriasis exacerbation
Because the causes of exacerbation can be very diverse, the treatment of the illness to the complete. To do this, a special diet, physiotherapy, medication, prevention.
FOOD. The mainstay of treatment during exacerbation of psoriasis a hypoallergenic diet, so you should review the diet to include more milk products. Positive effect of psoriasis to a vegetable diet, in which you have to eat a lot of vegetables and fruit that allow you to regulate the digestive tract. In addition, the diet recommends to the shooting menu the fish is cooked without oil, bread out of bran.
In the period of exacerbation of the disease do not eat salty, smoked, fatty, fried, canned. The diet also prohibits eating fast foods, such as foods, drink sweet drinks. I can't drink alcohol.
DRUG THERAPY. Note that the treatment is accompanied by received a sedative, immune, anti-allergic drugs enterosorbents. The severe symptoms development of prescribed hormonal treatment.
The traditional treatment includes:
- appointed by sedatives such as the acute stressful situations, and emotional stress can lead to complications of the disease;
- to relieve swelling, pain itching, we recommend that the antihistamines;
- in order to quickly remove toxins from the body are assigned to the chelating agent;
- the restoration of the intestinal microflora to help special preparations.
In addition, an exacerbation, the doctor may prescribe the intake of folic acid, lipoic acid, which contribute to accelerate the regeneration of the skin, and vitamin therapy.
THE EXTERNAL SOURCES. To neutralize acute symptoms of psoriasis use topical treatments treatment is recommended in the first place. The positive effect during exacerbation, enter the following ointment:
- for more information;
- external resources, tar, solido.
Therapy of acute forms of psoriasis ointments, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory effect, accelerate the desquamation of the balance sheet. It is important to note that the treatment (local or general) will take place only after consultation with a physician, as some medicines can cause side effects, which are self-medication lead to negative results.
PHYSIOTHERAPY. The exacerbation of arthritis symptoms appear, the following activities:
- cryotherapy — the low temperatures significantly reduce the inflammation;
- light therapy — ultraviolet rays from the immune system's activity, influenced by the healing process;
- hirudotherapy — the use of leeches is most effective when exacerbation of psoriatic arthritis.
In addition, doctors recommend to treat arthritis exacerbation the resorts of the Black, Dead sea, where the favourable climate.
FOLK METHODS OF TREATMENT. Almost all patients suffering from the disease for a long time I know how to remove the psoriasis exacerbation by using the traditional medicine.
The most popular recipes during exacerbation:
- at home we recommend that you prepare a cream of a mixture of herbs (mallow, burdock root, calamus, nettle, Biden) taken in equal quantities. A mixture of herbs (1 tablespoon) cooked with hot water, then left to cool, after which the solution is clean, moistened cloth applied to the inflamed area of the skin;
- often exacerbation used in the ointment, the interior of pork fat + dry grass toadflax. Fat earlier a swamp, and then adds, Lanka, after which the cream is cooled and used for its intended purpose;
- enhance the therapeutic effect of the home, we recommend that you use the bath with the sea salt.
Don't forget that the quick cure for psoriasis it's impossible, but if all the circumstances (diet, prevention and medication therapy) the likelihood of achieving long-term remission is high enough.