The psoriasis is a chronic non contagious skin disease accompanied by the appearance of a reddish-pink skin peeling of the skin.
The term psoriasis is derived from the Greek word psoriasis, which means, itching or itching. These symptoms are most clearly characterized by this non-infectious dermatological problem. In this dermatosis, the skin cell division occurs almost thirty times faster. Since they don't ripen fully, intercellular contacts were lost. This leads to the formation of characteristic scales. Involved in a pathological process and the immune system of the body: protective elements are directed against its own cells, which causes chronic inflammation of the lesion. Describe in detail the question, what is psoriasis, how to treat it.
Types of psoriasis
There are many classifications of psoriasis, which are based on the severity of the disease, the nature of the lesions, localization of lesions, etc. most often the following types of diseases:
- Plaque (vulgaris) is a big part of all types of psoriasis. It is characterized by the appearance of the traditional plaques covered with white-gray scales.
- Guttate psoriasis is second most common, but the diagnosed in every tenth patient. While a number of relatively small eruptions of the balance sheet, the entire surface of the body.
- Pustular variant is characterized by the blisters formation.
- The Palmar-plantar psoriasis items can be found in the some parts of the skin.
- Watery version differs to the balance sheet impregnated with a yellowish fluid leaking out of the body. Due to this, they look coalescat, change color.
- Erythroderma is a severe form of the disease, as a concerned, almost the entire skin surface and may occur, systemic symptoms (fever, swollen lymph nodes, breach of the blood).
- Psoriatic Arthritis characterized by joint participation.
Stages of pathological process there are excellent progressive, stable, retrogressive psoriasis.
The symptoms of psoriasis
Most often, if the development of the psoriasis the skin's surface will be stained, covered with grayish white scales, which are easily separated connection. This symptom is associated with another name for the disease of psoriasis.
Localization of lesions
As a general rule, changes in the skin, which is located on the extensor surfaces (elbow, knee), the main joints. Favorite localization of the border of the scalp, and places that are constantly exposed to the trauma or friction. However, this property is not considered a diagnostic criterion, whereas the atypical forms of lichen scaly affected and other surface skin.
Characteristics of plaques
The size of lesions can be different. The primary elements considered to be of little papules, bright red, or brown in color. Over time, the size increases significantly, they also tend to merge. In 90% of cases signs of the psoriasis the education quality of the plaques, which are characteristics of the triad:
- Stearic acid spot light seeing characterized by gray-white scales, similar to the appearance of shavings from a candle.
- If you continue to scrape the surface of the plaque, then the removal of all the balance sheet displays a thin white film called the terminal.
- Symptoms blood dew can detect when you remove the terminal protectors. Damage to the papillae of the skin does not occur, excessive bleeding, dripping.
There are nominal signs of illness:
- Symptoms, Keb to arthritis lesions appear in areas of trauma (rubbing, scratching, etc.). This is typical of the advanced stages of the disease.
- Symptoms voronov is characterized by the formation of a pale ring around the newly formed papules, not included in the balance sheet. It is a vascular reaction indicated, and the progression of the disease.
These symptoms of psoriasis often help to distinguish the disease other similar dermatoses flow.
In addition to the skin when the psoriasis affects the nails, hair, joints, and internal organs. Changes in the nail plate starts with the Foundation, characterized by subungual hyperkeratosis. In the future, the surface has a grooved formed in the pitting (a symptom of a thimble). Psoriatic Arthritis begins with the destruction of the small joints, accompanied by pain and inflammation phenomena.
The are deprived of the characteristic, scaly, itchy skin. As for the scratches on the formation of the surface cracks in the tendency to bleeding. In those places, trauma multiply the pathogenic microbes, which is a secondary infections, and the development of dermatitis.
The psoriasis causes
No infectious nature of the disease was established in the 19th century. Since then, is continuously carried out numerous studies examining the causes of psoriasis. However, as most of the systemic diseases, to find out, only reason that I still don't. There are several theories, each of which has scientific confirmation:
- Immune theory of the disease is the result of various dysfunctions of the immune system. The expected development of the autoimmune reaction that thicker skin accumulates a large number of T-lymphocytes. This leads to the chronic inflammatory thickening, as well as the affected area. The theory is supported by the fact that the biopsy of the psoriatic plaques can be detected with a high concentration of immune cells, as well as the fact that the disease is strongly influenced by the use of immune drugs.
- The hereditary factors associated with congenital anomalies, genetic material. Scientists have found several DNA regions, a mutation, which can occur in patients with scaly ringworm. These genes are primarily responsible for the maturation of immune cells (T-lymphocytes). So, if they break the probability of the psoriasis increased significantly. If the parents suffer from this skin disease, the risk of dermatosis in children is 50% higher.
- The genetic theory is similar to inheritance, but in this case are considered, genes, mutations, which can occur at any age.
- Endocrine factors is supported by the fact that most patients of psoriasis are there any changes to the endocrine organs (pituitary gland, pancreas, thyroid). In addition, these patients often present violation of, the final selection of the melatonin. Furthermore, the disease may level of sex hormones.
- The stress, shock can lead to the onset of the disease, or the aggravation of the symptoms. Due to the release of blood hormones starts a series of biochemical reactions that result in scaly rashes on the skin.
- Exchange theory is based on the fact that scientists have identified elevated lipids in patients with psoriasis. In addition, during exacerbation of the disease altered nitrogen metabolism and increased the general level of the toxins in the body.
In fact, the causes of psoriasis can be classified into two groups:
- violation of division of skin cells;
- changes in the immune system.
The external factors (environment, stress, injuries) only aggravate the disease, but they're like only reason.
The quality of life in patients with psoriasis
As well as other chronic diseases, psoriasis can significantly impair the quality of life of patients, who may experience both the physical and psychological discomfort. Often there are difficulties, employment, and social adaptation. So, sometimes intense itching disturbs the rest of the, plaques on the hands can limit performance.
Is particularly hard through scaly rash on the scalp. This is due to the fact that these plaques cause a rejection, so that the patients will be friendly, it may even be social anxiety.
The stress due to dissatisfaction with the appearance of constant pain or the itching, immune disorders often lead to development of mental disorders (increased anxiety, depression, social isolation). Only a quarter of patients with psoriasis do not feel psychological discomfort in the remaining patients, the disease is a serious obstacle to normal life.
Among the symptoms of psoriasis, which worsen the quality of life, the itching, the skin, the second place – joint pain is psoriatic arthritis.
Methods for the treatment of psoriasis
Understanding what is psoriasis, you have a better idea of the possible treatment methods. As a chronic disease, then to cure. However, can greatly relieve the condition of the patient, reducing clinical symptoms. In the framework of an integrated approach to the therapy scaly rash the use of drugs, physical therapeutic methods. There are also people advice to help deal with the problem.
This disease is the most popular products for external use. Their composition may include multiple components, which prevent the excessive division of epithelial cells, and then I decided to reduce the itching. Names of drugs are different, but often include the following substances:
- Glucocorticosteroid hormones, which reduce inflammation, inhibit the reactivity of the immune system. The local application of hormones to a less pronounced systemic effects. Part of Elocom The advantan.
- Vitamin D is part of a large number of drugs for local use. The greatest efficiency in the treatment of psoriasis can be seen in combination with UV irradiation.
- Tar mainly in the treatment of lesions located in the region of the scalp.
- Active zinc quickly reduce the redness, itching. This component basically is harmless to the body.
Drug between the systemic treatment of psoriasis are:
- corticosteroids, as they regulate the metabolism and elimination of the inflammation, however, there is a separate syndrome;
- cytostatics inhibit cell division in the epidermis, but together, it weakens the immune system, slow the regeneration of other tissues;
- immunomodulatory contribute to the normalization of immunological reactions, but the efficiency is not fully understood;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs only reduce the severity of itching, inflammation, but has no effect on the primary change.
Vitamins, and anti-allergic drugs are used in addition to the main treatment. Since there is no truly effective medications to combat the psoriasis, is prescribed in combination with physiotherapy.
The most commonly used procedures for the treatment of systemic disease psoriasis, allocated to the following:
- Leech therapy where leeches are used. Improves blood circulation, normalizes the immune response.
- Fish-doctor, multiplicans the thermal water, helps the patients to clear the skin lesions. During the ichthyotherapy these fish literally eat the surface layer of plaque on the skin, sinks in water.
- Cryotherapy, during which the patient is placed in a few minutes at a chamber temperature -1300C. After the procedure, significantly decreases itching, eliminated the phenomenon of inflammation, edema.
- PUVA treatment combines light therapy, and chemotherapy. After the introduction of the drug, which accumulates in the cells great to be able to regenerate the patient's irradiated light. The latter is a certain wave length and helps to activate the photosensitizer. So you can achieve selectivity effects.
Sometimes the treatment of psoriasis, the effective use of homeopathic remedies or folk remedies.
Folk remedies for the treatment of psoriasis
In folk medicine, a lot of recipes on the funds, both for local use, internal use.
You can cook the ointment and put it on the top of the plaques. The most popular is the following recipe:
- Mix the infusion of the adipi (1:5), we get the effective remedy.
- Grind the flowers of Filipendula viscosa, and mix them with vaseline (1:1). Then heated to 900C and cooled. Store the ointment is not a long time, so it's best to cook in small portions.
- Connect fat, pine resin, and beeswax, in the heat of the fire, stirring constantly. Then add the vitamin from the pharmacy.
- Usual birch tar (25 g), vaseline (10 g), boric acid (5 g), honey (15 g), protein, eggs, fish oil (5 g) very good mix, then put in a dark container. Apply this cream should be only once a day.
- The ointment of elecampane to help worsening of the disease.
Traditional medicines in case of ingestion usually aimed at maintaining immunity and reduce inflammation, itching:
- Tea oats ready 700 g of flour, three liters of water and five spoonfuls of sugar. This should be administered for two days.
- The infusion of bay leaf, oral 100 ml.
- To prepare a tincture of the buds of the Sophora, it is necessary to 500 ml vodka, 50 g of dry raw material, then place in a month in a dark place. A teaspoon of it.
- The decoction of fennel seeds helps to remove acute symptoms, and is a mild sedative, calming effect.
Bath with the addition of the copper sulphate is also used in the treatment of psoriasis.