The autoimmune disease psoriasis affects the skin in different parts of the body, and in some cases, the joints are also affected. The pathology is incurable, so it needs constant monitoring. One of the most important things to follow is the psoriasis diet. Many products have a negative effect on its process, while others, on the contrary, will help fight disease.
The role of proper nutrition in the treatment of disease
Adhering to the prescribed diet for psoriasis patients allows you to stabilize the digestive tract, get rid of unpleasant symptoms and improve bowel movements. An important point is to increase the body's defenses, which helps to reduce the number of relapses.
Cooking dishes not according to the rules, using foods and drinks that do not suit taste, will reduce the healing effect of the drugs used.
Furthermore, non-compliance with the diet may exacerbate the course of the disease.
What to follow a diet for psoriasis
There are many diets for people with psoriasis, but which one is right for you is difficult to determine. This is due to the unique characteristics of each organism, so this problem cannot be solved without an experienced specialist.
When choosing a diet, it is important to take into account individual intolerance, the presence of allergies and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The list of acceptable and prohibited products should be determined by the personal care physician for each patient using a test that will reveal the body's response to a particular food.
The main task of the psoriasis diet is to correct the acid-alkaline balance. The daily diet for 65-75 percent should consist of alkaline-forming foods (fruits and vegetables), and the rest 25-35 - from acid-forming foods (cereals, cheeses, meats).
Types of diets:
- Does not cause allergies.It implies the exclusion from the diet of foods that can cause severe exacerbations, namely: citrus fruits, red fruits and vegetables, chocolate, seafood, nuts, fish.
- Buckwheat.This diet is more suitable to prevent recurrence of the disease and cleanse the body. You can observe it for no more than 14 days. It is not meant to be nutritionally exclusive to buckwheat; cereals are the basis of the diet. For breakfast, you should eat 125 grams of unsalted porridge (or low-fat cheese, yogurt). For lunch, 100 grams of steamed lean meat and mixed vegetable salad with olive oil. The third meal should be two apples or 100 ml of yogurt. For dinner, eat buckwheat porridge with non-red vegetables.
- Diet, is one of the most common types for psoriasis. Nutritional guidelines were developed by dermatologists specifically for patients with this condition. The basic rule is the optimal combination of products to restore the balance of acids and alkalis in the body. The main principles of the diet: at least 70 percent of the diet should be alkaline foods; within seven days of the onset of an exacerbation of psoriasis, it is necessary to take sorbents; 30 minutes before each meal, drink a cup of chamomile tea; eliminate hunger; refuse or minimize salt intake; periodically clean the intestines through an enema.
- The Pegano Diet.It also takes the top spot in terms of prevalence among psoriasis patients. The main principle of this diet is to monitor the alkaline-acid balance, alkaline should prevail. To treat psoriasis according to the Pegano program, steps need to be followed. The first is to only consume apples for three days. In the second stage, protein and vitamin products are introduced into the diet. Some foods are still banned, for example, tomato juice, carbonated and alcoholic beverages, canned and smoked meats, coffee and tea, chocolate, sugar. The final third stage is a skin and body cleanse at the salon or clinic. The diet also includes regular exercise, such as aerobics, walking, swimming, yoga, etc. v.
An important point is a rich drink, it is necessary to drink seven to ten glasses of filtered water per day.
What foods can and should not be eaten with psoriasis?
The condition of a person diagnosed with psoriasis directly depends on the foods they eat. He may not even be aware that certain foods are exacerbating the illness. Therefore, each person with psoriasis must know which foods should be included in his or her diet, and which are better to refuse.
Food table harmful for psoriasis vẩy
|Limit||To exclude, to expel|
|Fruits and berries||Cranberries, prunes, currants, blueberries, plums.||Citrus|
|Vegetable||Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, rhubarb, legumes.||Tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, potatoes.|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||Butter||Fatty meats and dairy products, fried foods, desserts|
|Nutritional supplements||Emulsifiers, preservatives, flavorings, etc. v.|
You should also limit the following foods as much as possible:
- Margarine and spreads.
- Semi-finished product.
- Sweet (halva, candy, cake, chocolate).
- Canned food.
- Grilled, smoked, fried fish (herring, salmon).
- Potato cakes and fries.
- Fast food.
- White bread.
- Spices and seasonings.
- Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, peanuts, cashews (in the absence of allergies, the maximum amount per day is 5 nuts).
- Fat meat (pork, lamb) and lard.
- Soy sauce.
- Caviar (except red).
- Foods rich in purines (brewer's yeast, dried porcini mushrooms).
List of foods to help the body fight disease and stabilize weight
The main part of the psoriasis diet should be alkaline-forming foods, as mentioned earlier. They will help speed up metabolism anddeal with illness.
List of useful products in this group:
- Vegetable. Radish, celery, beetroot, cucumber, herbs, avocado, garlic, broccoli, asparagus, onion, pumpkin.
- Fruit. Bananas, grapes, kiwi, dates, peaches, apples, feijoa, figs, berries.
- Peas and lentils.
Large amounts of acid-forming foods in the diet can aggravate the course of psoriasis, so there should be no more than 30% of them.Should include in food:
- Protein (egg whites, chicken).
- Low-fat fish (pink salmon, heke, cod with black dots).
- Fruit juice. Lemon, diluted in water, celery, beetroot, spinach, carrot, mango, apricot, grape, pear (fresh squeezed only).
- Quail eggs.
- Low-fat dairy products.
- Cereals. Buckwheat, semolina (limited), corn porridge, wild rice, oatmeal.
- Cheese. Gouda, Cheddar.
- Poultry, steamed, grilled, in the oven (chicken, turkey).
- Beef and cod liver.
Adhering to all dietary recommendations for psoriasis will generally help get rid of extra pounds. But you should also observe the allowed daily calorie intake, do not eat too much and exercise regularly.
The most dangerous foods that cause and aggravate skin diseases
There are foods that can aggravate or complicate the course of psoriasis. They should be avoided if disease is present. Including:
- Nuts. They are a strong allergen, so only in rare cases are they allowed for psoriasis in small amounts.
- Citrus citrus. All species except pomelo are banned. In particular, you should not use passion fruit peels that contain large amounts of essential oils. Usually it is added during the production of juices in production, so it is better to refuse them.
- Smoked meats and saltiness. The ingredients of the product disrupt the natural functioning of the intestines, leading to a negative skin reaction.
- Caffeine, chocolate, sugar. These foods increase the amount of insulin and glucose in the blood, which leads to suppression of the immune system. This makes the body susceptible to infection.
- Vegetables cabbage. Red peppers, tomatoes and eggplants are prohibited, potatoes are limited to the maximum.
- Berry. Most are allergens. You cannot eat strawberries, raspberries and raspberries. Limit currants, blueberries and cranberries.
- Meat. It is recommended to exclude red meat, any kind of sausage.
- Dairy products. By increasing the production of cytokines, autoimmune symptoms are exacerbated.
- A fish. Only high-quality, low-fat species are allowed to be consumed twice every seven days, 100-150 grams each.
- Fatty and high cholesterol foods. Due to a violation of lipid metabolism in patients with psoriasis, they should exclude viscera, saturated animal fat, caviar and egg yolk from the diet.
- Moon powder. Any baked goods made with processed wheat contain alloxan, which has the same effect as sugar, i. e. it raises insulin in the blood.
- Spices, spices. Most spices contain aromatic and essential compounds that aggravate inflammation. Does not include vinegar, pepper, hot sauce, ketchup, cloves, mayonnaise, lemon zest, curry, mustard, anise, nutmeg, dill.
- Synthetic and artificial additives. Emulsifiers, dyes, preservatives, and decomposers are allergens and therefore prohibited in psoriasis.
- Unhealthy food. The so-called empty calories, do not contain enough minerals and vitamins. This list includes chips, crackers, toast, fast food and the like.
- Corn. It's added to many foods, so you should always read labels and avoid foods that contain cornstarch, butter, or syrup.
- Canned and pickled foods. These products often contain preservatives that aggravate psoriasis.
What to drink for the sick: contraindicated and permissible drinks
Many drinks can complicate the course of the pathology.
Prohibited use are:
- Any alcoholic beverage.Beer, vodka, alcohol, . . . have bad effects on the central nervous system. In a state of intoxication, a person has no control over the use of food. The load on the liver increases.
- Caffeine.Strong tea, coffee, and cocoa in large quantities can negate the therapeutic effect of the therapy. It is best to avoid or minimize such drinks.
- Carbonated sweet drinks.Such liquid has a high sugar content, which negatively affects the condition of the skin, the development of psoriasis and leads to weight gain.
The following are suitable to replace the above drinks:
- Pure water.
- Dried fruit (unsweetened).
- Allow freshly squeezed juice.
- Green tea.
- Kvass (limited).
- Hydrocarbonate mineral water.
- Kefir is low in fat.
- Herbal tea.
Each patient should drink plenty of water, at least 2 liters per day. This item should be part of any diet for psoriasis.
Sample menu for all days of the week
- Breakfast: oatmeal boiled in water, steamed omelette from an egg, tea.
- Snack: low-fat cottage cheese with applesauce and sour cream.
- Lunch: borscht in vegetable broth without meat, two hard-boiled quail eggs, dried fruit.
- Snack: green tea and baked apple.
- Dinner: hake fillet steamed or in the oven with vegetables, chamomile tea.
- Snack: 200 ml of fermented baked milk or kefir.
- Breakfast: pumpkin porridge, vegetable salad, ginger tea.
- Snack: milk and blueberry smoothie.
- Lunch: lean meatloaf and vegetable soup, a slice of toast.
- Snack: melon.
- Dinner: macaroni with cheese, salad and green tea.
- Snack: a glass of kefir with toast.
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, a cup of chicory, a few dates.
- Snack: banana.
- Lunch: stewed mushrooms and lean soup.
- Snack: cheese casserole with dates and MSG.
- Dinner: chicken meatballs with vegetables, herbal tea.
- Snack: 200 ml of fermented baked milk.
- Breakfast: wheat porridge, two-protein omelette, toast, tea.
- Snack: a few fresh or baked apples.
- Lunch: vegetable cutlet with turkey, lean borscht, lemon tea.
- Snack: stewed carrots and lemon juice.
- Dinner: stewed vegetables, steamed lean meat.
- Snack: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: a glass of celery juice, toasted cereal bread, buckwheat porridge.
- Snack: some berries (blueberries, currants, lingzhi).
- Lunch: squash soup with cheese, french fries, two toast.
- Snack: fresh cheese with sour cream.
- Dinner: pearl barley, fresh salad with olives, chicken meatballs, tea.
- Snack: a glass of fermented baked milk and toast.
- Breakfast: oat porridge with raisins, some fresh grapes, ginger tea.
- Snack: a glass of apple juice and a banana.
- Lunch: steamed fish cakes, broccoli puree, two toasts, green tea.
- Snack: rosehip and apple broth.
- Dinner: boiled fish, vegetarian borscht, herbal tea.
- Snack: a glass of kefir or fermented baked milk.
- Breakfast: two hard-boiled eggs, vegetable salad, rosehip broth.
- Snack: two bananas.
- Lunch: rice soup with vegetable broth, grilled chicken fillet, a slice of bread, herbal tea.
- Snack: low-fat yogurt.
- Dinner: steamed cutlet, vegetable salad, tea.
- Snack: a glass of kefir and toast.
Useful recipes and cooking tips at home
Hake with vegetables in foil
- 2 pieces of fish.
- Carrot - 50 grams.
- Zucchini - 80 grams.
- Mushrooms - 80 grams.
- Broccoli - 90 grams
Wash and peel the vegetables, steam until half cooked. Cut off two pieces of the hake. Form two containers in the form of boats from foil. Divide the vegetables into two parts, put each part in the bottom of the homemade mold, then add the fish, drizzle with lemon juice on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 160 degrees, sprinkle with herbs at the end of the time.
Champignons stewed with sour cream sauce
- Mushrooms - 350 grams.
- Sour cream 10-15% fat - 400 grams.
- Olive oil - a tbsp.
- Carrots - 50-70 grams.
- Seasoning - mild, a little salt.
Place diced or thinly sliced mushrooms in a casserole with olive oil for 20 minutes under the lid.
At this point, grate the carrots on a grater, add the mushrooms, and cook for another 10 minutes. Add sour cream, spices and salt to the total mass, simmer for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir-fried chicken with vegetables
- Chicken (or turkey) fillet - 300 grams.
- Yellow bell pepper - 1 piece.
- Carrot - 1 piece.
- Dill - 50 grams.
- A little salt and seasoning allowed.
- Chicken eggs - 1 piece.
Put fillets in a meat grinder or turn into minced meat with a blender, mix with eggs and seasonings. Also add finely chopped pepper. Grate carrots and mix with chopped dill. Roll the minced meat into balls, roll in the prepared carrot - dill mixture. Send to double boiler for 15-20 minutes.
Cheese casserole with dates
- Fresh cottage cheese (1-3% fat) - 500 grams.
- Chicken eggs - 2 pieces.
- Semicolon - half a glass.
- Steamed dates - 50 grams.
- Fructose - 2-3 tbsp.
- A little salt.
If the curd is not mushy, rub it through a sieve and mix it with the starch. Beat eggs with fructose, vanilla and salt. Add cheese to cubes and set aside for 30 minutes.
At this point, cover the form with parchment, apply a thin layer of oil. Put the casserole in, put in the oven for 30-35 minutes at a temperature of 150-170 degrees. Cool before use.
Zucchini soup with hard cheese
- Purified water - liters.
- Potatoes - 5 pieces.
- Zucchini - 2 pieces.
- Fresh ginger a teaspoon.
- Hard cheese - 25-30 grams per serving.
- Olive oil - a tbsp.
- Greens - any fresh or dried.
- Salt to taste.
Put water on the fire. While boiling, peel and cut the potatoes and potatoes into random pieces. Crush ginger and coriander into a mortar, add the prepared vegetables, and boil for one minute. Drain excess liquid into a separate bowl. Use a blender to beat the mixture in the soup puree, adding a little water until the required consistency is achieved. Season with salt, add herbs, bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. Garnish with cheese on a plate.
- Cucumber - 100 grams.
- Quail eggs - 2-3 pieces.
- Avocado - 1 piece.
- Garlic - 1 clove.
- Yogurt 1-2% fat - 50 grams.
- Green - fresh.
Cut cucumbers into large squares. Boiled eggs. Remove the avocado flesh from the avocado, divide the pulp into two parts. Cut one piece into cubes, mash the second piece in mashed potatoes. For the sauce, you need to mix yogurt with herbs and finely chopped garlic through a press. Also, add the grated butter and mix everything. Place cucumber, egg, and avocado in cubes in a bowl. Season salad with dressing.
Recommendations for the preparation of the diet, the combination of products, the preparation of dishes:
- Enrich your diet with fresh or cooked vegetables and fruits.
- Replace your morning coffee with lemon juice diluted in water.
- Drink as much fresh juice as possible.
- Every day, include porridge (oatmeal, buckwheat, wheat) in the diet.
- Replace seasonings with fresh or dried herbs and lime juice.
- Do not combine whole grains (pasta, bread, cereals) with dried and stewed vegetables.
- Do not combine many acid-forming foods in one go.
- Fresh fruit is best consumed separately from other foods.
- Steam (preferred), oven or grill.
How to eat for scalp psoriasis
The table shows the available and prohibited products for this type of psoriasis:
|May||It is impossible|
|Porridge||Spicy, fatty, fried|
|Lean meat and poultry||Chocolate, dessert, cake, sugar|
|Heat-treated vegetables (boiled, stewed, grilled)||Horseradish, garlic, onion|
|Grilled or boiled fish Cá||Ketchup, mayonnaise|
|Green vegetables (fennel, green onions, lettuce, parsley)||Barley pearls, corn and barley, semolina|
|Berries (lingonberry, blueberry, blueberry)||Pea's tree|
|ginger||Smoked products, salinity, marinades|
|Red vegetables and fruits|
|Butter, spread with butter, margarine|
Diet during an exacerbation of the disease: what to exclude and what to add to the menu
As psoriasis progresses, the person is prescribed a special diet for a period of two to three weeks. Fat intake is reduced to 70 grams per day, while protein and carbohydrates remain the same. In the case of constipation, bloating, diarrhea and other symptoms of indigestion, the number drops to 50.
The diet should be enriched with lipotropic substances and complete proteins. The more fresh cheese and other fermented dairy products, the better vitamin berries, vegetables, fruits.
Minimize easily digestible carbohydrates, exclude red fruit, cocoa, butter, heavy cream and milk, honey, gluten, products with dyes and preservatives.
You can also schedule fasting days once or twice a week, this will reduce the load on the pancreas and help eliminate excess body fat.
- Apple. During the day, you need to eat one and a half kilograms of sour foods.
- Vegetable. You can eat 1. 5 kg of vegetables (but not potatoes) per day, divided into 5-6 meals. Their priority is their pre-heat treatment.
- Kefirnaya. During the day, it is allowed to drink one and a half liters of the product.
- Meat. Should boil 400gr beef, divided into 5-6 meals, eat without salt. Twice the meat, you can add an accompaniment such as cabbage, cucumber or carrot (100 grams).
- Fruits and vegetables. Divide 750 grams of fruit and the same amount of vegetables into 5-6 meals, but do not combine many types together.
- Curd and kefir. During the day, eat 400 grams of 0% cottage cheese and 500 ml of kefir.
Diet during an exacerbation of psoriasis provides chemical as well as mechanical savings to the gastrointestinal tract and requires minimal bowel and liver activity.
Scaly lichen and obesity: how to lose weight
Obesity and psoriasis - this combination is quite common. The presence of the first factor negatively affects the pathology, the course of which is more severe than in the absence of excess weight, as well as therapy. Therefore, with psoriasis, attention should be paid to reducing body weight.
To do this, it will be helpful if you regularly play sports, drink plenty of liquids without sweeteners and additives, prioritize animal protein and fish in food, exclude vegetables and butter, sugarand its substitutes, powder products.
Doctor's opinion on fasting and healing days
Most people with psoriasis consider fasting a good way to treat their disease, but what do the experts say about this?
Their opinion is that such manipulations can be harmful to the body.
Doctors do not exclude the possibility of using fasting days, but this should be done only within their control and taking into account that there is no negative effect on other concomitant diseases.
The mono-diet diet, even if it only lasts 1 day / week, also makes the body lose many beneficial and nutritious substances, not bringing the best effect for health in general and skin in particular.In this regard, other diseases may develop that further complicate the course of psoriasis. In addition, as a rule, when observing such diets, a person will experience stress and emotional stress, and, as you know, this factor is one of the main causesthe development of the pathology, as well as its exacerbation.
Psoriasis is a disease that requires permanent treatment. Without proper control and compliance with recommendations, a person is prone to frequent relapses and subsequent complex therapy. One of the most important moments in a person's life with psoriasis is his diet. Many familiar foods may be prohibited, however, if the patient wants long-term remission, only foods that are allowed should be used.