Psoriasis, the causes of which are not clear to this day remain a mystery to scientists all over the world. The disease may develop all of a sudden, regardless of the age and sex of the patient.
The recent primary development of psoriasis among children and women, without the root causes. In rare cases, the disease can pass on their own, but as a general rule, to achieve long-term remission requires special treatment, as well as the desire to recover the patient.
Theory of the origin of psoriasis
Among doctors, scientists, a number of theories for developing the disease:
Hereditary. Genetic transmission of the disease is the most COMMON, whereas in the case of doctors every second, the three concluded that the presence of psoriasis history. In the case of joining the contributing factors, the first symptoms of the disease appear inevitable. Usually, when you inherit, it should be noted, the relationship, the sex, the children (the disease develops more often among same-sex relatives).
Immune system. The immune system theory that the disease is not considered to be the main founders. Immune system components are present in almost every inflammation of the immune system nature, in some cases, to relieve the symptoms of the disease.
However, despite the appropriate amount of research on the immune system theory of psoriasis, triggers for its occurrence (the trigger mechanism) is not fully understood. Therefore, the preventive measures of the disease's development include, first, strengthening of the immune system (especially in women, older patients, children), as well as the protection of the skin (including the head) of the infectious diseases. This immune system theory shows that the most serious complications: psoriatic arthritis (explanatory causes of psoriasis on the elbow, knee, hand), in certain cases — the defeat of the spine.
NEUROGENIC. According to the theory of psychosomatic medicine, the disease is caused by malfunction of the nervous system, resulting in severe stress. In other words, the mental condition of the patient reflects the state of the patient, which can lead psoriasis symptoms on the hands, head, feet, etc. in addition, another factor, which confirms that the development of the disease, the background of the psychosomatic medicine, the positive sedative effect, which again points out that the soul reasons for psoriasis.
EXCHANGE. The studies do not rule out the development of the disease in relation to the violation of metabolic processes. As a general rule, most patients with hypothermia, which indicates that slow down the metabolic processes. In addition to the violation of lipid metabolism indicates high cholesterol levels in the blood, the weakening of the immune system confirmed the decrease in vitamins (A, b), as well as copper, iron, and zinc observed in 2/3 of all cases.
4 in all cases, is diabetes, which is a violation of the carbohydrate metabolism, and the metabolic nature of the disease confirms that the malfunction of the thyroid gland, the pancreas, sex glands, despite the fact that the treatment.
ALLERGIC. Proponents of this theory believe that the psoriasis symptoms may occur, and allergies. This is supported by the fact that this disease, and the Allergic, not infectious, highly itchy rash on the skin. That's why psoriasis is very often prescribed antihistamines. In addition, there is a similar symptomatology to allergic, psoriatic arthritis.
HORMONAL. This hypothesis is related to infringements of a hormonal background occurring in the body (menopause, puberty, pregnancy, etc.). However, this trend was not popular, as most patients psoriasis develop when hormonal "take it easy".
INFECTIOUS. This theory of the origin of the disease is one of the most common. This causes the manifestations of psoriasis symptoms associated with different pathogens (spirochetes, streptococcus, etc.). However, neither the micro-organisms or fungi to carry out the experiments has not been proven as a leader. Some scientists believe that the development of the acute infectious diseases, can affect the dermatoses due to the weakening of the immune protection (reversible or irreversible). However, despite numerous studies, the infectious theory was not confirmed.
VIRUS. The viral nature of the disease a large number of adherents. However, based on surveys, the viral theory is not confirmed as the main way that I've never observed transmission of the disease, the patient to a healthy person, despite the fact that hundreds of direct blood transfusion to the patients.
The underlying mechanisms of the disease
Many studies, the causes of psoriasis, doctors have found that there are additional trigger conditions for the development of the disease. Causes of psoriasis symptoms can be both internal and external factors.
The most common reason to trigger the disease:
- the disease can cause acute or chronic infectious processes in the body (SARS, sinusitis, tonsillitis, scarlet fever, sore throat, etc.), as well as the conditions after vaccination. As a general rule, these diseases weaken the immune system, which is a recurring disease;
- the patients, 40% of the development of the exacerbation of psychological stress situations (different types of crises, crises of a personal nature). Therefore, to reduce the acute symptoms are often prescribe a sedative;
- trigger psoriasis long-term treatment with medical drugs, especially antibiotics, immunomodulatory. These drugs can also cause the diseases, the immune system, the response to the stimulus;
- an important role in the development of, or exacerbation of the disease bad habits (Smoking, alcohol), as well as the inappropriate nutrition of the patient, the misuse of the fats quickly carbohydrates;
- the symptoms of psoriasis can be caused by chemicals for outdoor use (especially the hands), which are often used in daily life, including means that the parasites;
- exacerbation maybe it's a violation of the integrity of the skin by a mechanical effect (trauma, burns, injections, bites, etc.);
- relapse of psoriasis can also cause inflammation of the skin, including yeast infections of the head, and you develop dermatitis of the hands, etc. in addition, the causes of psoriasis can be acute allergic reaction.
- As a general rule, the disease is only exacerbated by the contributing factors (singly or in combination), so you have to follow certain rules in order to avoid the dangerous situation.
The primary symptoms of psoriasis can appear at any age, but the development of the kids signed up for more severe consequences, complications. Adulthood psoriasis threat of serious concomitant diseases.
Causes of psoriasis in children
Based on the results of studying the disease in the family in a few generations, the conduct of biochemical studies, the patients, the family ties, including healthy, it is found that the development of psoriasis, the child PLAYS a significant ROLE of hereditary predisposing FACTORS in the disease.
If a parent is suffering from psoriasis, the probability that the children of psoriasis 25%. If you are sick, all the parents, the risk to the child of psoriasis is about 75%. Interesting is the fact that most often the psoriasis is transmitted in the maternal line. Hereditary psoriasis (family), subject to the scientists, from 15 to 47% of all diseases of the psoriasis in children. However, despite the detailed study of the genetic theory of disease, its causes, the child and the adult patient is not fully understood.
The kindergarten, school-age children cause of psoriasis can be a strong emotional stress, fear, etc. a certain regularity, through which you could identify the single cause of psoriasis in adolescents and children, does not exist.
Many of the scientists, doctors tend to be multi-factorial theory, the development of the disease, which combines, in addition to heredity, there are many other factors.
The disease symptoms
The psoriasis is an atypical reaction to any stimulus. The psoriasis is characterized by the appearance itchy plaques of different sizes. Normal skin cells Mature in 3 weeks, but the psoriasis, dry after 5 days, which is severe itching, especially of the head or the hands. To relieve acute symptoms-order appropriate treatment.
Some of the most common symptoms of psoriasis include:
- the appearance of pink-red psoriatic plaques dry white pieces. As a general rule, the most frequently localized in the knee, elbow, hand, head (the hairy part);
- when nail psoriasis is marked, dystrophy of the nail plate in this hand, the infringement, the shape, the color, the nails. The severe form may develop degenerative changes;
- itchy, dandruff head (near hairline);
- crack in the skin followed by pus psoriasis body areas;
- sometimes it is possible to hyperthermia, deterioration of the general condition of the patient.
It is important to note that the symptoms got worse with certain seasons of the year. There are 3 types of psoriasis depending on the seasons (winter, summer, uncertain). The patients with the summer type of psoriasis noted a sudden exacerbation, which requires longer treatment. The winter type is characterized by the fact that the symptoms of psoriasis weaker ordered therapy is the most effective. When the indefinite type of arthritis symptoms occur at any time of the year characterized by frequent relapses.
Therapeutic treatment of the disease
Despite the fact that the causes of psoriasis is not fully understood, today, the most effective method to contribute to the long-term remission:
- recommended cryotherapy (low temperature), which helps in the most advanced cases;
- internal symptoms removal using plasmapheresis (filtering of the blood);
- neutralization of symptoms is carried out actively by using the PUVA therapy is a special iodine-bromine, radon sulphide, as well as the bath.
In addition to the positive effect observed in the treatment with salts, Dead sea mud, to counteract the symptoms of psoriasis the head.
Prevention of psoriasis
To prevent A disease should be concluded that preventive measures, including the following:
- Prevention of injuries the skin, the hands, head, face, etc.
- Don't stay a long time in direct sunlight.
- You have to get rid of bad habits.
- Requires weight control, especially after the acute symptoms.
- Avoid the stressful situations.
- Psoriasis of the head is recommended to use special medicated shampoos, creams.
- In all cases, it should be regularly checked by the dermatologist.
Psoriasis is a multifactorial disease, and its causes are diverse, so a positive result can be achieved if you start your treatment with a strict compliance with recommendations of a dermatologist. This approach is able to provide long-term remission and prevention of possible complications.