Photo of psoriasis on the hands, fingers, nails. The symptoms.

In this article we will talk about one of the most problematic form of the disease, where lesions localized to the hands (wrist, palm, fingers, elbow). Although this is not a contagious disease, the lesions are very attractive. Like to hide them, it's hard, people often begin to lead your own life.

In this article, you can see what it looks like with psoriasis of the hands, experience the most common cause of the disease, the treatment to prevent recurrence. Although this disease is severe, to get rid of it!

Psoriasis of the hands

psoriasis of the hands

Usually, the first concrete plaques appear on the palms and creases of the elbow. The specific causes of their occurrence, doctors and researchers have not identified. You have to understand that the psoriasis of the fingers (photo), as well as the legs, the head, other parts of the body is not contagious, is not transmitted through shaking hands or personal items. However, this does not mean that the treatment can't be rushed, as it is full of severe complications.

Psoriasis early stage of the hand, it's hard not to notice.

The development of the disease is accompanied by a rather conspicuous symptoms. In general, the palms, between the fingers, a red spots. The appearance of the rash is similar to the traditional Allergy, so patients rarely, however, at this stage, to the dermatologist to wait for the problem to go away on its own.

The development of the psoriasis patches covered with white scales begin to dry. It was, then it is obvious that the characteristic symptoms of the disease. A further defeat, not so much peel, and then stop. However, these are very appealing, which is why many people experience severe psychological difficulties.

In adults, itchy, red patches on the elbows, fingers, hands, palms may resemble ringworm or fungus. The main difference between the psoriasis of these diseases is a clear border spots. Other diseases such noticeable fringing defeat not.

It is also worth noting that when the disease affects the fingers, then in most cases also affects the nails. The result of the nail plate to deform, and delaminate at the edges. Psoriasis toes swell, which is often accompanied by pain in the joints. Similar to the development of the disease in children.

Psoriasis of the hands of initial phase

In the beginning, arthritis, lesions appear as small, smooth patches of circular. The one main difference is their shape. Thus begins the initial stages of psoriasis of the hands, the reasons for that are different.

After a few days the rash covered with shiny scales. They peel and fall off easily. The disease progresses, the rash is increasing in size, as well as more space.

The psoriasis of the fingers in the initial stages the majority of patients starts in the folds, between the toes, which is the most suitable environment, the disease.

In general, the initial stage characterized by three main features:

  • there's a red stain;
  • papules covered with shiny tape;
  • appear drop of blood.

In addition, in the initial stages of the psoriasis patients will complain of joint swelling, redness, and inflammation in the area close to the nail. The development of the disease the papules increase in the stop, the peeling is reduced.

How does psoriasis on the hands, and the symptoms of the submitted photos. But it is not necessary to independently diagnose, as it is likely to be confused with other skin diseases.

Signs of psoriasis on the hands

Usually signs of the psoriasis the hands of women, most clearly manifested in the palms of his hands. The men in this region, the disease is rarely seen. This form of psoriasis treatment is the hardest, because the back of his hand, continuous contact with the detergents or other human objects.

First, the skin is dry, starting to crack. Lesions of the hand could be fat, similar to corn in appearance. Psoriasis in the initial stages the photo can be confused with other diseases, such as eczema or athlete's foot. That's why the doctors perform the biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

The disease symptoms differ depending on the localization of the inflammation. We'll talk more about it all.


In this form of the disease when you first start psoriasis between the toes (see photo). The skin is scaly, and inflamed. Often the symptoms worsen with the arrival of cold weather (autumn, winter). Without treatment, the problem can lead to serious consequences.


This form of psoriasis, a quarter of patients. The symptoms are similar to the defeat of the fingers. The problem areas covered with a red crust, its appearance is similar to corn. On the spot itch to bring all sorts of inconveniences.


Like I said, this is one of the most painful form of psoriasis because the affected skin is very itchy. Because of the severe itching, the patient often can't sleep because of neurosis. Small patches normally appears on the side of the back of his hand. Then papules coalesce into large itchy patches.


This type of psoriasis is also considered one of the most difficult. It affects the joints of the hands between the knuckles, then moved to other joints. In the initial phase of the disease don't show up on the skin, although the patients already in pain.

Psoriasis of the hands of children

In most cases, the psoriasis in the hands of a child is more likely to occur if one or both parents are prone to allergies, skin diseases. This tendency is genetically transmitted, and not show up until you do not provoke a factor. The exact cause to trigger the development of disease, nobody knows.

The hereditary theory of the origin of the psoriasis in children supported by a majority of the doctors. It is believed that if one of the parents suffered from a skin disease, the probability is the same problem the child is 25 percent. If the psoriasis usually both parents, then the chances are that the child has reached 75 percent.

Among provoking factors include stress, infection, alcoholism, drugs.

Psoriasis often combined with systemic diseases, including the metabolic syndrome, diabetes type II, coronary heart disease, arterial hypertension, pathology of the hepatobiliaris system.

Whatever the reason for the psoriasis, we can say: this is the disease of the skin surface lesions. He suggested that the body hidden, underlying problems in the internal organs.

If your family members suffered from skin diseases, especially psoriasis, you need to strictly follow the system, the nutrition of the child, to strengthen the immune system and maintain a healthy lifestyle. This prevents the manifestation of the disease.

Psoriasis development in the hands of a child:

In the initial stage

First arthritis plaque in young children in many cases wrong, the more common diathesis or Allergy. Usually the youngest child in the first place, there is a little redness. Rashes, pimples like a round red or pink. Within a few days, the rash remains smooth, after which it formed a silvery flaky scales.

Progressive section

This stage is characterized by the growth and merger of spots. Peeling still just the middle spots, grow on the edges. The spots and red, itchy, inflamed. This section last two weeks or longer (up to several months). Then go into the stage of regression, where the spots stop growing and gradually fade away.

The disease can also affect the nails. As the nail plate, the children more sensitive than adults, in addition to the essential medicines they prescribe painkillers.

Attention! Many parents of children suffering from receiving, stunned by the fact that the chronic, very painful, that the disease is evident throughout life. In this situation the doctor should explain to you that if you follow a healthy routine, eat, use the special makeup to avoid the stress, the disease may not appear. In fact, in many cases, psoriasis can be treated at home.

The symptoms of psoriasis on the hands

the symptoms of psoriasis

The symptoms of psoriasis of the hands is accompanied by constant itching, which helps you to manage the appropriate treatment. If the patient is scratching at the rash on the skin you will notice that many of the wound. Usually, these injuries heal much faster in children than in adults.

The main symptoms of psoriasis on the hands:

  • the skin is red, dry;
  • the affected area swells and thickens;
  • arthritis lesions break;
  • the individual spots coalesce, may appear in new places;
  • flaking usually increases in winter;
  • if not treated, the fingers swollen and covered with thickened and painful plaques;
  • nails quickly damaged, change color (become yellowish or brown), crack, covered with spots.

The treatment of psoriasis for hands

The treatment of psoriasis, the hands and the symptoms, it is considered complicated. Even the remission of the stain may remain visible, although reduced in size. For best effect, the doctors use a holistic approach. This takes into account many parameters: the type of the disease, the patient's age, other pathology, etc. To confirm the diagnosis using the biopsy.

The treatment of psoriasis, the following ways:

  • creams that help to soften and heal skin, sometimes reduces the itching;
  • antihistamines, against which swelling, itching;
  • medicine liver support and recovery of the gastrointestinal tract;
  • medicines the immune system strengthen;
  • anti-inflammatory drugs;
  • painkillers (if the pain of the nails or joints).

In the absence of contraindications, the patient may require physical therapy. The beneficial effect showed that the massage using healing creams, ointments, that will increase your blood circulation. However, before such tools are the best to consult your doctor. Eliminates the probability of side effects, as well as to verify the possible contraindications.