Psoriasis in children diagnosed at any age. This chronic disease can affect an infant, newborn, in recent years, cases of child psoriasis in preschool children. When the first signs of the disease is essential to start comprehensive treatment. The sooner you will be able to achieve the state of stable remission, the better the baby's health.
Causes of child psoriasis
Children psoriasis systemic. The development is causing disruption to the functioning of the immune system when the body is not able to resist the adverse external factors.
The doctors can't select the only reason that caused the disease, the child. But a number of reasonable assumptions:
- Genetic predisposition – if your family is diagnosed with cases of psoriasis the probability of the development of the child is increased by 30%. When this disease affects both parents, it increases to 80%. But just inherited predisposition to the disease, hence the proper care of the child is likely to avoid.
- Disorders of the nervous system – the negative emotions, the stress, the sudden changes in life (change of school, the birth of the second child) the onset of the disease.
- Metabolic disorders – lack of vitamins, minerals.
- The presence of parasites, worms, absorb nutrients, and secret a large amount of toxins that adversely affect the child's body. Often there are skin reactions, and psoriasis.
- Infection, psoriasis in childhood often seems that after the transfer of infectious diseases. This can trigger sore throat, flu, colds.
- Disorder in the endocrine system – the hormonal balance triggers your psoriasis.
- Liver disease, – if you interrupt the job, this body, the body is unable to neutralize toxins, which may lead to the development of psoriasis. Most often psoriasis in children was first diagnosed in the cold season. Significantly increase the development of, or damage to, the skin.
The symptoms of psoriasis in children
Signs of psoriasis in an infant is a lot different than the symptoms of the disease, the adult. The children in the initial stages they appear red rash, the skin, the folds (gluteal region, axilla), the head, the face, the genitals. The localized areas exposed to constant friction on clothing. The rash rarely occurs on the palms, feet. The rashes like intertrigo, but this is the main symptom of psoriasis – ball Horny papules exfoliate in the tub. Gradually, the delicate skin covered with a layer of scale-crusts. Isolated small papules merge conglomerates. Their size gradually increases, covering large areas of the epidermis. In most cases, the skin rash, itching, so the child great discomfort. He's scratching the papules, and the risk of infection.
Stage of the child's psoriasis and the symptoms
- Progressive – the appearance of fine rash, red or bright pink. It's itchy, scaly, increases its size, spreading through the skin. Soon the rash is covered with cracks, and bleeding. Unlike the adults, the children almost have no the phenomenon, stearic acid stain, a terminal film. Severe, advanced stage of the child's body temperature rises, condenses on the surface of the skin, enlarged lymph nodes, swelling of the skin, a strong redness.
- Stationary – the formation of new lesions, the growth stops, decreases the intensity of the peeling.
- Regressive – the rash begins to gradually dissolvere. After disappearance of the skin appear depigmented headband.
The complete disappearance of the symptoms of the disease, comes the healing. The duration depends on the characteristics of child care, especially the diet. The recurrence of the disease in children is often the result of the transfer of the infectious diseases.
There are different types of psoriasis in children. They are classified depending on the characteristics of symptoms and localization of lesions. The main forms of the disease:
- Libero psoriasis. It looks like the child is a year old. Rash localized mainly in the buttock area. Since the continuous contact with the feces, urine, the result of the diaper rubbing the skin in this area gets irritated, making the disease difficult to diagnose. Parents are often this rash the dermatitis, which prevents the start of the early treatment.
- Tabula (normal) psoriasis. The most common form of the disease in children. The typical symptoms of the skin's surface causing patches of red. First, these small, but rapid increase in diameter, beginning to pull off. On the basis of the papules with a dense texture. The top is covered with a loose layer of scales, which easily from each other. Tabula papules are localized in different parts of the body, but most commonly arise in the area of the bend in the elbows, knees, scalp.
- Guttate psoriasis. The body is covered with large number of lesions in the form of looks like a drop to a small size, convex shape. Papules rise above the surface, the point is that cortices. They cover the head, arms, legs, torso. The rash may disappear independently or to escalate into a tabula psoriasis. 4-5 years of age in years, this form of the disease triggered by streptococcus infection.
- Generativus acne psoriasis. Develops suddenly, very quickly. In A short time large areas of the skin inflamed, indoor ulc is. Affected areas of skin damaged. This form of psoriasis are dangerous because it provokes the serious complications. This can lead to the diseases of the internal organs, especially the kidneys, the heart.
- acne psoriasis.Affects children older than 7 years. In infants, preschoolers, the rare. This is a severe form of the disease, which is the swelling of the skin, and the surface is covered with blisters filled with infectious exudo. Often accompanied by inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis. A very dangerous form of provocaverunt praesens thermoregulation of the body. Generativus manifested in the inflammation of the skin, intensive peeling. Accompanied by severe itching, pain. Large areas of the skin begins to flake off. Can lead to death, especially if the child is small.
- Psoriasis bending surfaces. Appears in the curves of the body, most commonly in the area of the inner thighs, groin, genitals. The body is covered with red spots. These are smooth, not cortices, but slightly convex.
- Arthropathic psoriasis. It affects the joints. Signs of this form of the disease – muscle rigidity, ends movable joints and fingers, fat, fat. Knee, fingers, ankle, wrist pain, a feeling of general malaise. It may be that the conjunctivitis. The type of psoriasis is divided by type: winter or summer, regardless of the season, when the downturn, the majority of children of the winter form; the first occurred when symptoms appear for the first time; constantly recurring – continuous exacerbation of the disease; an indeterminate form.
- The nail psoriasis. Clavum striking plate. The symptoms depend on the form. The next varieties:
- naperstkovidnym – angle are formed in the dimples, which are visually similar to the thimble;
- nicomedes – nails separated from the bed very quickly;
- onycholysis is the gradually separates the nail bed, while the inflammatory processes are present around the base of the nail seems to border yellow pink;
- trachyonychia the nail thickens, becomes rough, the surface will be wavy at the edge;
- subungual bleeding under the nail surface appear stripes, spots the red-pink hue;
- arthritis large-flowered silver flower flowering specimen of the skin around the nail and the finger thickens, this is accompanied by intense inflammatory processes.
Diagnosis of child psoriasis
Diagnosis of psoriasis is a dermatologist. See the baby, he says, if the rash as the disease manifests itself in the family, people suffering from this disease. To diagnose in children, especially under 1 year of age, only the visual can be difficult, because often not the classic symptoms of the disease: stearic acid stain, a terminal film, the "blood dew". To accurately verify the presence of psoriasis enables the analysis, which brought to the surface of the lesions.
The treatment of psoriasis in children
Children, psoriasis patients need a comprehensive treatment. Quick access to the state, the remission helps the systemic therapy that simultaneously aims to eliminate the symptoms, strengthens the organization as a whole. Consider the basic methods of treatment.
Medicines for external use
Effective the acne affected skin. This group includes:
- for more information, ointment 1-2% is contraindicated in infants;
- sulfur-tar ointment 2-3%; boric acid ointment;
- corticosteroid ointment, 0.5% – the "Locacorten", "Flutsinar", "Prednisolone";
- inhibiting phosphodiesterase – papaverine of ointment 1% - theophylline of ointment 5% for the treatment of psoriasis, faith pilosa part of the head;
- steroid creams, ointments – "Instructio", "Haec solutio", or else, the creams, the psoriasis;
- heparin ointment chronic plaques.
Medicines for internal use:
- desensitizing means that three times a day it can be seen that the solution of calcium gluconate 5% of a teaspoon, the duration is determined by the doctor;
- sedative to the children on a tincture of Valerian;
- anti-histamine medication to relieve the itching, 7-10 days, "Tavegil", "By", acute conditions injection to the light – you can order pills;
- sedative – in rare cases are assigned to the older children, you can apply "Tazepam", "Seduksen";
- vitamins to strengthen the immune system, ascorbic acid, B12, B15, D, A, E, drink three times daily for several months;
- pyrogenic drugs, to activate the protection functions of the organism, normalization of vascular permeability, order, 8-10 injections "pastry pie see", the children older than 3 years;
- glucocorticoids – regulation in severe cases, the course of 2-3 weeks, a gradual dose reduction.
The proper nutrition
Fast psoriasis cure in order to achieve a state of remission, you need to follow a proper diet:
- excluded from the diet of cake, muffin, sweet, fatty, fried foods, chocolate;
- limiting the intake of citrus fruits;
- drink plenty of fluids;
- replace the sugary drinks with herbal teas;
- the basis of the diet – vegetables, herbs, recent, fruit juices, lean meat, lean fish.
To minimize the disease risk and prolong the period of remission, follow these simple rules:
- while bathing do not use aggressive funds, hard sponges;
- teach your child to avoid the cuts, burns, skin injuries; protect the child from skin to direct sunlight;
- prefer clothes made of natural materials; follow the child's diet; carefully pick up the medications;
- try to have a child dominates the positive emotional state.
If you have the slightest suspicion that he developed psoriasis, consult a dermatologist. This is a serious disease, so, how to handle, I can only tell you the competent doctor. Not to self-medicate, because the sooner you will be passed an effective therapy the faster you will be able to achieve a state of stable remission. Despite the fact that the psoriasis is not treated properly in time approach to reduce the number of the relapse of the disease.