Psoriasis is one of the most mysterious and difficult-to-treat diseases. If you want to get rid of it once and for all impossible. The only thing that you can count on the sick, in remission. In addition, a uniform and generally accepted by the international medical community for the treatment of psoriasis does not exist because there is no drug hundred percent guarantee of remission.
The treatment of these complex diseases of the skin depends on numerous parameters:
- Type of psoriasis;
- The age of the patient;
- The presence of comorbidities;
- The severity and history of exacerbations;
- Localization and size of the injury.
Treatment of psoriasis is almost always an integral part of the medicines and procedures that are designed to address the causes of psoriatic flare-UPS, part of which is designed to relieve the unpleasant symptoms of the disease, and part of the right to maintain its own protective forces of the organism. The sad thing is that almost half of patients, not help, none of the three approaches for the treatment of psoriasis. The drug, which has allowed thousands of people to drive psoriasis in stable remission for several years, are likely to have no effect at all, on the second thousand.
In this article we will discuss all of the currently known means and methods for the treatment of psoriasis, even the most controversial, and try to answer the question, where to start, that the person who has heard of the doctor's sad diagnosis. While using the popular methods, procedures and medicines that have managed to collect impressive statistics on their effectiveness.
A comparative analysis of the effectiveness of treatment methods of psoriasis
In accordance with the results of several surveys of people with psoriasis, the hit parade of the best ways of treatment of this disease, which looks like this:
- 37% Ointment on the basis of oil refining;
- 33% - after a special diet that is, the refusal of products, the use of which causes of acute psoriasis;
- 26% - Change of climate, balneotherapy, and Spa treatment. Almost a third of patients said the improved wellbeing simply move to the location where the mild maritime climate and clean air. The same number of patients, to avoid the winter acute helps annual holiday in the resort.
- 19% - Salt bath is very effective as part of the sanatorium-treatment options, and home treatment. Sea salt contains potassium, magnesium, iodine and other minerals, which are beneficial for the skin affect psoriasis, relieves itching and flaking, and even improve sleep of the patient due to its relaxing effect on the nerve endings. It is recommended that you buy in the pharmacy quality, natural sea salts and take a bath 2-4 times a week at night;
- 14% Ointment on the basis of the tar – well to relieve itching , promote scar tissue, psoriatic panels;
- 12% - Selective phototherapy is a physiotherapeutic method of treatment of psoriasis is based on a healing effect on the skin ultraviolet light with a specific wavelength. Not necessarily that it is appropriate for all patients, but some allows for 1.5-2 months of regular treatments to achieve a remission of biennial;
- 12% - a Strong hormonal ointments. For the first time, gives a very good therapeutic effect, then the condition of the patients worsens, we must use the ointment more often, and help is even worse. A vicious circle is comparable to a drug. Long-term use of these drugs leads to the breakdown of the adrenal cortex and the gradual atrophy of the skin;
- 12% - Baths, steam rooms, saunas and swimming pools – completely harmless, but ineffective, method of treatment of psoriasis. Most patients stay in the sauna followed by swimming in the cool water allows you to itching, soothe and provides restful sleep, which in itself is not bad. However, there are some people who have psoriasis, on the contrary, deteriorated from excessive moisture and extreme temperatures;
- 12% - Sport & outdoor – all enjoyable physical activity, whether Cycling, dancing, Hiking or playing football, improve health, strengthen the immune system, improve mood and self-confidence of the patient, which can not but affect positively on the psoriasis;
- 12% Ointment on the basis of the calcitriol or calcipotriol – these drugs saturate the epidermis and the active form of vitamin D, penetrate well into the blood and normalize the metabolism of calcium, as it almost always leads to the reduction and gradual disappearance of psoriatic plates. The minuses: the ointment is expensive, best - German production is mainly carried out in the framework of the task;
- 10% - post – a radical method of treatment of psoriasis, and makes it possible to achieve remission, or at least to minimize the square of the skin lesions in nearly all patients, but has a lot of contraindications. Courses of fasting, it is better to go in the hospital, and certainly cannot begin to starve on a voluntary basis, without review and consultation with experts;
- 10% Ointment on the basis of salicylic acid are, strictly speaking, not cure psoriasis, but promote healing of the panels. After the skin is cleaned of dead skin layers, it is recommended to start the treatment by other means, for example, the same grease. These ointments, in a sense, to prepare the epidermis as improves the absorption of active substances;
- 10% Herbal medicine – this term refers to all the methods of treatment of psoriasis with the help of herbs: ointments, lotions, rubbing, compresses and reception of broths and infusions in the interior. Good performance achieved burdock root, marsh calamus, dandelion, Wheatgrass, chicory, cranberry, chamomile,, st. john's wort, celandine, nettle, raspberry, birch, marjoram, Valerian, and many other plants, however, herbal medicine is always afflicted with allergies and the side effects;
- 9% - Medical baths with turpentine and herbal decoction is a more safe method of treatment of psoriasis, as the active ingredients affect the skin only for a short time. If you do not have contra-indications for the therapeutic hot baths, try to make them every other day for 20 minutes, adding water heated to 38 degrees, pine SAP, crushed plantain,decoction of birch buds, leaves of juniper or herbs Valerian;
- 8% - small and combined hormonal ointments – often used in times of seasonal exacerbations of psoriasis, when all other methods fail to stop the growth of panels and itching. For the treatment of psoriasis hormonal ointments must be undertaken very carefully, do not resort to it unnecessarily, and to eliminate gradually;
- 8% - Chelators – a good addition to the diet, help to clean the bowel of debris and normalise this blood composition, that is bound to have a positive impact on the course of psoriasis;
- 7% of the Ultraviolet and quartz exposure – in some patients with psoriasis can help of regular visits to the Solarium, especially in combination with the use of ointments on the basis of active vitamin D. However, the quartz lamp is better, if only because of the lower risk of cancer with regular exposure;
- 7% - Vitamin therapy is a very controversial method of treatment of psoriasis because some patients therapeutic doses of vitamins cause rapid improvement of health, while others – such as rapid deterioration with severe allergies and diarrhoeal disorders in the bargain;
- 4% - dietary Supplements – inexhaustible source of profit for the pharmaceutical companies that psoriasis, a chronic and very individual more is just a gold mine. Before buying a Bada ask, what it consists of: not going so that you have unsuccessfully used, or, even worse, you began worsening;
- 4% - Immunomodulators – serious medicines are used for the treatment of psoriasis is possible only on the testimony of immunologist on the basis of data immunograms, otherwise you may make things worse;
- 4% - Salt, sodium, or calcium (calcium chloride, sodium gluconate, sodium thiosulfate) – sometimes with a short course of injections could stop the exacerbation of psoriasis and reduce the pain of symptoms, but as an independent method of treatment the introduction of salts of calcium and sodium, is not considered;
- 4% - Hepatoprotectors – to promote and maintain the functioning of the liver, and thus indirectly helps her clean the blood of toxins and prevent the worsening of psoriasis. Without diet do not work;
- 4% - dental care – in some patients, exacerbation of psoriasis occurs due to undertreated teeth when mouth, was a constant source of inflammation and a breeding ground for bacteria, whose waste products enter the bloodstream. To help patients, sometimes enough to heal caries;
- 3% - body Cleansing – this refers not only bowel cleanse method of colon hydrotherapy, cleansing courses, but also for other organs: the liver, lungs, kidneys. All of these activities have a beneficial effect on the psoriasis;
- 3% - Treatment of parasites – the presence in the body of the worms, Giardia and other parasites, which inevitably leads to a poisoning with products of their vital activity, and contamination of the blood changes in the outbreak of psoriasis. Therefore, it is recommended that all patients with prophylactic purposes, in the chair of the sample;
- 3% - the Hardware cleaning the blood, which is used to treat severe forms of psoriasis in the hospital. Gives a very good therapeutic effect, but its missing for some time – approximately two months.
- 3% - Beauty creams and oils – a good help to cope with peeling skin, especially when applied immediately after a bath or shower. The simpler and more natural makeup, the better it is. Give priority to children's creams based on vegetable oils;
- 3% of Psychics and healers – an objective assessment of the efficacy of magic treatment of psoriasis, for obvious reasons, this is impossible, but patients to traditional healers claim to have cured thank you for the session, and demonstrate the cleaning of the skin. Also, the power of the proposal has not been canceled;
- 3% anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis – some patients with ordinary psoriasis to prevent a recurrence of help preventive course of receipt of those funds;
- 2.5% of Sulfur and sulfur-zinc-ointment – protozoa drugs for the treatment of the skin, parasitic infections (mange), but they can also reduce the itching and flaking of psoriasis;
- 2,5% - Purified, melt, activated, and filled with water – there are many ways to easily water healing properties, but it is safe to say only that drinking such water will not harm your health, but it will help overcome psoriasis is the big question;
- 2% - Homeopathy – treatment of microscopic doses of natural poisons to start the reaction of the immune response to defeat the disease. In psoriasis methods are ineffective.
- 2% of Heat and infrared radiation – a controversial method of treatment of psoriasis because some patients warming cause worsening instead of improving wellbeing;
- 2% - corticosteroid Injections – the "fire" methods, which are used only in hospitals and only in the absence of other ways to help patients with the severe form of psoriasis;
- 2% - the oatmeal bath is the safe and easy way to reduce the inflammation and itching in psoriasis;
- 2% - Cytotoxic agents, highly toxic drugs, destructive effect on the kidneys and liver. It is used for the treatment of life-threatening forms of psoriasis and under strict medical supervision;
- 1.5% Apitherapy – treatment of bee products, particularly bee venom. The principle apitherapy is close to homeopathy - it is expected that the poison prostimulirujte the immune system of the patient. Sometimes it works, but let's not forget that bee venom is one of nature's most potent allergens.
- 1,5% - Naftalan oil is a unique natural product manufactured in the Azerbaijani resort Naftalan is used for the treatment of psoriasis, the method of application, and baths;
- 1,5% - Fungicides – preparations for internal and topical treatment of fungal diseases. Sometimes to facilitate the condition of patients with psoriasis, be used only on prescription, because the risk of complications;
- 1% Yoga, meditation, hypnosis, auto-training, neuro linguistic programming and other techniques for managing personality can be useful in the treatment of psoriasis because of the correct mood depends on the success of the recovery due to the disease;
- 1% by weight. Starch baths also good to relieve itching and reduce flaking. Starch can be very dry skin, but some patients may need just such an effect. For one procedure it is necessary to dissolve in a pot with cold water 800 g of potato starch, and then pour the solution into a warm bath;
- 1% - Compounds with vitamin A, provide symptomatic treatment of psoriasis, because there is a lack of this vitamin person develops a tendency of drying up and flaking of the skin;
- 0.5% Acupuncture – a technique that is based on the effects of using fine needles on biologically active points of the body associated with the relevant authorities. A very controversial and dangerous method: takes, first, a highly skilled acupuncturist, and secondly – a huge success that the acupuncture actually worked;
- With 0.5% Bio-resonance and wave therapy is a modern physiotherapy techniques that are not well proven, and yet they cannot boast of much success in the treatment of psoriasis;
- 0,2% - Breathing exercises, laser therapy and other controversial methods, which deserve attention, but is unlikely to provide a positive result.