The disease is characterized by alternating periods of exacerbation with periods of remission. The disease, it can be concluded that it is not contagious it's not contagious in nature. Manifested in individuals of any age.
How to start your psoriasis? The development of the disease is characterized by the appearance of papules. This leafy dense bundles of pink, above the skin. Consider the first signs of psoriasis:
- The appearance of the skin, rash is barely noticeable;
- The individual elements start to fuse the psoriasis plaques whitish scales;
- There is a rapid spread of lesions in a particular area of the skin.
The main cause of the pathology, the pathological reaction of the organism to external stimuli, which is the upper layer of the skin to die off quickly some parts of the body. A healthy person, the cycle of division, maturation of the cells is about 28 days in a psoriasis — approximately 5 days.
There are various theories on the disease:
- immune system disorders;
- hereditary disease;
- caused by infectious diseases;
- unbalanced nutrition;
- adverse weather conditions;
- alcohol abuse;
- constant stress;
- the skin is often exposed to injury.
The first signs of psoriasis localization
Psoriasis symptoms appear on the body, the following localizations:
- the scalp;
- get on your knees;
- lower back;
- the tibia;
- out in the groin area.
Without proper treatment, the lesions affect the mucous membranes, nails, and joints.
The symptoms of the disease, the scalp is characterized by the appearance of plaques, which are the balance sheet, similar to dandruff. The epidermis of the head cover, large, red, scaly plaques. Itching increase. Skin damage thigh compounding process, which contributes to the progression of the disease. The elasticity of the skin decreases, more damage. Bumps on the head of the active flake. The disease affects the hair. In the absence of treatment scalp process can spread to the neck, behind my ears.
The palms, feet, szaruréteg, the cover increases, rough, covered with fissures. Because rapid cell division.
Nail disease manifests itself in two ways: the nail is covered with small holes, signs remind you of your nail fungus, this will change, and can break the color of the nails. The nail plate is increased, and peeling. Through the different groups arthritis papules surrounded by a red rim, like an oil slick. Starting from the edge of the nail, the changes towards the root. Beneath the plate accumulate in the skin cells.
It is impossible to self-diagnose. The exact diagnosis it is necessary to conduct microscopic examination of scales, using x-rays to examine the joints, a blood test. If the injury is severe, biopsy tissue.
Some patients have noted that periods of acute need for the winter or end of autumn, so the symptoms may vary, depending on the stage sync:
- The beginner, advanced stage. New elements are generated continuously, is active growth of the existing manifestations. Significantly severe flaking, itching.
- Stationary. Papules ceases to be a woman, a new rash appears. The upper layers of the epidermis appear small wrinkles.
- Regressive. Peeling passes, the plaques disappeared. The place where the manifestations are the areas of increased pigmentation.
The tissue affected by the pathology, is very susceptible to infection. The disease affects the nerve endings.
The symptoms of psoriasis in children
How to identify psoriasis in children? The first signs in children, in infants is not typical. Can easily be mistaken for candidiasis.
Rashes appear in places that are not typical lesions on the face, the mucous membrane of the genital organs, the folds. Quite often appear on the head, or the sites that are under friction. Suddenly appears, quickly, which the body, the face, the other areas. The course of disease in children in the long, persistent. In infants point-like bleeding mild. There is an increase in the compression of the lymph nodes.
The stationary phase in the growth stopped, sagging infiltration, reduced desquamation. The regressive stage, the elements dissolve. Lymph nodes are softened and reduced.
The psoriasis symptoms in men and women
In general, the beginning, the clinical picture does not differ according to gender. In the early stages the expressed symptoms usually doesn't happen. The development of the pathology, there is a slight desquamation accompanied by itching, irritation. Is connected to inflammation, itching, and irritation worse. After brushing, cracks, abrasions, wounds. Then the spots become bigger, thicker, skin rough. They can be found in different parts of the body. Papules fast enough covered with silvery scales increase in size, there will be plaques. Formed pockets, irregularly contoured (arch-shaped or ring-shaped).
People carry the disease much more difficult.The psoriasis symptoms in men are characterized by more severe course than men often ignore the first signs, start the disease. The disease affects the genitals. This is a very unpleasant form of the disease, which is accompanied by a constant feeling of being unwell, itching. Often affected by psoriasis the head and the tail. Redness of the penis easy to confuse with other diseases.
In women, the symptoms of psoriasis often occurs during the period of the menstrual cycle. The first menstruation sometimes, because the appearance of the disease in girls. Pathology of the genital area greatly disturbs the woman, get rid of the physical and psychological discomfort.
Adult men and women often find acne psoriasis, which is not typical for young children. There are small grouped blisters. The inflammation, increase the battery merger, which purulent areas. Under the surface, you see the eroded surface. Accompanied by headache, joint pain, nausea.
Sign of arthropathic psoriasis
This type of disease affects the joints, most commonly affects men. To diagnose the disease much more difficult. May be asymptomatic, but the joints are irreversible changes.
The symptoms of arthropathic psoriasis:
- There is pain in the joints;
- The hands and the feet, because of a rash that itches;
- The joints of distortion;
- Swelling, inflammation of the sore;
- In the morning, it can be observed stiffness;
- Pain in the spine.
The symptoms resemble the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, but there are distinguishing characteristics:
- It affects mostly the joints, between the toes, is covered by skin redness;
- In addition to the fingers can affect several other joints, but not at the same time;
- Often, inflammation occurs in the big toe;
- Pathology is accompanied by pain in the heels;
- The process involves the inter-vertebral joints;
- During acute exacerbations on the skin rash appears;
- The disease restricts movement;
- The disease may be asymptomatic.
The appearance of these symptoms, there is an urgent need to look for a dermatologist and have the option.
The symptoms of psoriasis
This is a rare form of the disease. The patient's rash on the whole body surface, which caused severe itching, rapidly spreading.
The symptoms of psoriasis:
- Cover most of the body very red;
- The skin peels off;
- Appears pustules, blisters;
- Speeds up the heart rate;
- Body temperature range;
- Appears, swelling, pain in the joints;
- Chills, fever.
Complications characterized by edema, severe infection, which, in turn, pneumonia, sepsis, chronic heart failure. These are the complications of psoriasis is often lead to death.
Prevention of the disease
Combination therapy does not relieve the patient of psoriasis further worsening. The measures necessary for the prevention of the disease:
- In order to avoid the disorders of the nervous system must observe the regime of work, leisure, daily routine, will help you take a long walk on the air, sports.
- Time to treat inflammatory diseases, especially tonsillitis, otitis media, dental caries, and other diseases;
- We need to give the professional activities related to continuous trauma cover, neuro-psychological overload (in most cases, exacerbation provoke stress);
- Give up alcoholic beverages. Alcoholics more than one occasion recorded more often the psoriasis;
- Promptly treat viral diseases;
- Eat (diet necessarily excludes the foods that most commonly cause allergies: chocolate, honey, nuts, etc.).