Psoriasis - what, where, symptoms, treatment & diet Psoriasis is the most common chronic dermatosis. The statistics show that this disease hurting approximately 5% of the world's population. The article describes what psoriasis is, where it happens, what are the symptoms, how to treat at home.
Psoriasis is not contagious it's not contagious chronic disease. However, the disease is dangerous it gives the wearer a nuisance that impact on quality of life.
The first signs of psoriasis
Psoriasis accompanied by the emergence of spots on the skin dry, red spots. However, not all patients are obvious, visible signs of, pronounced skin lesions. Patches, called plaques. They represent areas of chronic inflammation characterized by the excessive growth of the skin, lymphocytes, and macrophages.
The duration of the life cycle of skin cells psoriasis does not exceed 5 days, after which they die. Normal cells live for a month. The doctor said, psoriasis systemic. Vivid evidence of this disease, symptoms appear in patients.
In most cases, the plaques appear on the skin that are regularly exposed to friction, pressure - butt, knee, elbow. There are cases when the psoriasis affects the head, face, genitals, hands and feet.
Psoriasis is a very dangerous disease, recurrent pain, itching, covered with cracks, leaks, skin. This is just the tip of the iceberg, then it seems the serious complications. The patients may develop a specific form of arthritis, which is considered the most dangerous manifestation of psoriasis. Confirm a diagnosis without clinical examination it is impossible.
Where is psoriasis
One part of the human body is not immune to the appearance of psoriatic plaques. I suggest to consider the places where psoriasis appears most often.
The head psoriasis appears common disease of the skin appears as red plaques covered by thick scales. Washed flakes are similar to dandruff, the patient experienced severe itching, and thick crusts bleeding. In some cases, it is not excluded, temporary local hair loss.
Notice the red spots on the psoriasis on the feet and hands, palms, even the nail plates of the hands and feet. Because psoriasis is a chronic disease, periods of improved alternating repeated relapse. The size of the plaques is determined by the severity and the stage of the disease.
Affected by psoriasis, the nail plate so that the flakes change color. Accompanied by discomfort, pain syndromes. The pathology of chronic, occurs in waves. Psoriasis of the nails gives the person psychological and physical discomfort. The treatment is long-term, help to eliminate the symptoms of dermatitis, and then return to normal life.
Stages of psoriasis
The Modern doctors have established 3 stages of psoriasis. Symptoms, treatment depends directly on the stage.
The main stages of the psoriasis
The body appears point-like elements, is characterized by peripheral growth. Fused with each other, as a result, instead of small rashes appear in the large plaques of different shape and size. The progressive psoriasis, allergic rash, sometimes it looks like the place, skin injuries, abrasions, cuts, bites, burns or injection.
At this stage starts a few weeks later, the appearance of the disease. In this phase, the new advertisements will not be displayed. Old skin education of a large number of scales silvery-white hue.
At this time the plaque is dissolved, pale color. Around the eruptions the skin is discolored. The duration of the regressive phase of several months. Under the influence of the treatment of the disease takes place, so more duty spots.
Unfortunately, but to completely heal the psoriasis is extremely rare. During the treatment, the disease goes into a latent phase, the duration of which months, years or even decades. When there will be another downturn is largely dependent on the patient consulting a doctor.
Symptoms, causes, psoriasis
The results of the recent studies is striking. The psoriasis occurs in a large number of the world's population of all ages. The peak falls on the age of fifteen.
The doctors were not able to compile a list of the exact cause of psoriasis. I suggest to consider the reasons depending on the character.
- Virus. The virus, adversely affects the performance of the lymph nodes. It is extremely difficult to identify these microorganisms and determine their habitat. It is noteworthy that the patient's blood after transfusion of a healthy patient is infected. That's why it's the cause of the psoriasis is considered to be not proven.
- Immune system. A recognised cause. The trigger is considered a genetic process in which disturbed immune system link. Infectious disease, sore throat, sinusitis, can lead to the appearance of the psoriasis.
- Infectious. Initially, the scientists believed that the reason for the spirochetes, streptococcus, and epidermofitona. The results of the tests did not confirm this hypothesis. A new hypothesis suggests that the development of psoriasis, because infectious diseases, including pharyngitis, the common cold.
- Genetic. We're talking about a hereditary predisposition to the disease. The clinical practice shows that the manifestations of scaly deprive many, however, trace the connection to a hereditary predisposition is not always possible.
- In the initial stages of the disease appear on the skin, rashes. The list of common areas: head, sacrum, elbows, knees.
- The skin is covered with lumps of red-colored, white scales. Initially, the skin education, empty-headed, not more, however, over time, increase.
- Later, the spots become circular, which is the plaque. The appearance of rash accompanied by high fever, itching, burning sensation, enlarged lymph nodes.
- When the disease progresses to the second stage, the appearance of new spots ceased. Old education begin to peel, itch, cause discomfort.
- Sometimes psoriasis affects the joints. They swell and lose the original mobility. Treatment lack of it can lead to disability.
How to treat psoriasis at home
The technique, in the treatment of psoriasis improved on a regular basis. Each year, new medications, techniques. However, there is a method of dermatitis treatment which ensure a perfect result. In the xxi century, medical science is powerless in front of the psoriasis.
During the Inquisition, psoriasis was considered a disease of the bloody people. It is for this reason that the disease to treat only the conspiracy, wizards, who acted in strict secrecy. Today everything is different, pharmacies to sell a special medicine, but traditional remedies still relevant.
The treatment of psoriasis at home help decoction, infusion. They cleanse the blood, normalize the nervous system, digestive system, improve immunity. This creates the conditions under which the psoriasis will not be able to develop normally.
- Infusion of burdock. Recipe: steamed tablespoons of burdock Cup of boiling water and infuse for an hour, covered. The mixture drain, squeeze and add boiling water to fill the glass. Use the device, we recommend 4 times a day before meals. This allows you to get rid of psoriasis, normalizes the stomach.
- Root infusion. A spoonful of dandelion root mixed with the same amount of burdock root, pour a small Cup of boiling water, and boil on low heat for exactly 10 minutes. Infusion, strain the hot drink 100 ml before meals.
- Barley water. Two tablespoons of barley malt flour fall asleep in a thermos, add a litre of boiling water and infuse for 4 hours. After straining, the device is ready for use. Adding honey or sugar to the taste, the drug will be even more enjoyable. Use barley water is recommended 6 times a day half a Cup.
- The decoction of Laurel. 20 grams of bay leaf, a medium-sized break, and dissolve the two cups of boiling water. The potion boil for 10 minutes, strain, cool and drink three times a day for the 0, 5 cups. The duration of treatment is 7 days.
- Infusion of celandine. Teaspoon of herbs celandine pour a glass of boiling water, and set aside, set aside at least half an hour. Broth is recommended to drink 30 minutes before meals. Celandine is toxic, so the dosage does not change.
The traditional medicine offers, targeting external treatment remedies psoriasis - lotions, creams, ointments. This folk remedy eliminate redness, reduce discomfort, swelling.
- Ointment fat. 0.5 cup of fresh fat mix equal quantities of grass usti stonecrop, treating the resulting composition in a meat grinder, add 2 tablespoon of camphor oil to heat. During heating the mixture is continuously disturbed.
- Garlic compress. A couple of cloves of garlic using a press, to make a slurry, pour a small Cup of boiling water, infuse for 3-5 hours. Ready infusion used as a compress several times a day.
- Ointment eggs. A glass of butter combined with a Cup of vinegar, one raw egg, mix thoroughly, then place in a week in the fridge. The resulting ointment applied to the affected psoriasis of the skin 7 or 8 times a day.
- The fish oil. If you aspire to get rid of psoriasis comes to the rescue, the fish oil. Apply to the affected skin three times a day.
- The cream of the celandine. Juice of celandine, to wipe the plaque. The cream can only help my mild psoriasis. Folk medicine a number of facilities for the treatment of psoriasis. Don't forget that the popular methods do not replace the advice of your physician or medicine.
Nutritionists have developed dozens of nutrition. Products included in the diet of psoriasis patients.
- The vegetables. The vegetables are bright colored antioxidants, which reduce the inflammatory processes.
- Porridge from cereals. The buckwheat, oatmeal, brown rice contains antioxidants, fibers.
- Lentils, peas, beans, tofu. Contain plant fiber, and protein.
- Vegetable fats. We're talking about avocados, seeds, nuts, vegetable oils. Saturated fatty acids protect cells from damage, and help you cope with the rash.
- The fish. Source of protein, mineral acids. The fish foods you can eat for a day. In this case, the user should choose salmon, sardinia, mackerel, tuna.
- Meat. Ideally, it is recommended to choose the low-fat varieties, chicken or Turkey.
Alcoholic beverages are better to limit, at least initially. For some people, alcohol triggers a new exacerbation.
In general, people should eat nutritious foods daily, and to enter into the diet of new foods rich in vitamins. A whole day to eat a cereal that's not necessary.
Effective treatment for psoriasis (3 options)
- Infusion of burdock
- Root infusion
- Barley water
- The decoction of Laurel
- Infusion celandine
- Ointment fat
- Garlic poultice
- Ointment eggs
- Fish oil
- The cream of the celandine
- For more information, ointment
- Negalogenizirovanny glucocorticoids