Psoriasis is so severe and strange disease which today are still unable to establish the true causes of their development. Scientists around the world tirelessly working to clarify the mechanism of the disease. But despite the joint efforts of doctors and scientists, pathology refers to an incurable disease and predisposing factors that influence in the appearance in the body of the terrible lesions remain to be elucidated. Well-known historical fact is the phrase of Winston Churchill that he put a monument to the man who would be able to clarify the reasons for the development of the disease and find effective method in the treatment of psoriasis. As you know, a politician who suffered from the eruptions on the skin.
In the next article, we will try to find ways to treat psoriasis at home and what methods are the most suitable.
Psoriasis and its characteristics
Today about psoriasis, we can say the following: the disease refers to the chronic inflammatory processes non-infectious nature. This is due to the appearance of spots on the body is not a viral or bacterial infection, and a slightly different nature. The pathology is very varied and always depend on the type of disease and individual characteristics of the human body.
To get psoriasis a person's home, or in any other way. The disease belongs to autoimmune diseases and can not be transmitted by contact. However, the hereditary factor plays a very important role. According to medical statistics, the child whose parents suffer from diseases, it is a very high probability of developing the disease. And the risk increases if the eruption both parents suffer from it.
- Progress stage.
- Phase stationary.
Almost all types of disease accompanied by the appearance in different parts of the body plaques and papules that are very itchy and the skin. For almost all forms of the disease can be characterized by the so-called "psoriatic triad". Call the following symptoms:
- The appearance of stearic points. In order to characterize the appearance of the spots on the skin that vary in size from a few millimeters to several centimeters. The site may not be round or oval in form and having on its surface a whitish or gray scales. Layer of dead skin can be easily removed, and looks like stearin.
- The terminal film. If they get off the scales on the skin of the patient is very thin pink film. The skin in this spot is very delicate and easily subject to mechanical damage.
- Bloody dew. After the removal of the terminal films on the surface of the dermis are small droplets of blood. It is found mainly around the perimeter of the connection to the health of the skin and the boundaries of the sites.
The exceptions are diseases such as pustular and guttate psoriasis. In pustular type of disease the body appears a kind of bubbles filled with a clear fluid. After the publication of contents on the skin are bright red with spots of red or pink shade. When guttate psoriasis is characterised peeling may not happen at all, or is expressed in very weak form.
The causes of the pathology
In simple terms, psoriasis is a kind of response to abnormal immune system of the organism to stimuli internal and external. Causes of the disease can be so serious metabolic disorders in the body, normal and allergic reaction. To predict the appearance of the disease is impossible. The most probable reasons include the following factors:
- various allergic reactions;
- wet and cold weather;
- common infectious diseases;
- hormonal disorders;
- stress and mental disorders;
- pathology of the endocrine system;
- the taking of certain medications;
- mechanical and chemical effects on the skin.
In the presence of contributing pathology factors, there is rapid division of the cells of the dermis. The immature cells die, forming the cornified layers of the skin. In these places you start to develop an intense inflammatory process, such as the immune system perceives this process as alien.
All the theories of the origin of the disease up to the date of the agreement that psoriasis belongs to non-communicable, autoimmune disorders, to cure which it is impossible.
Principles of treatment of psoriasis at home
Often people with psoriasis, people wonder how to cure psoriasis permanently at home? Unfortunately, healing is not possible, even with the most expensive and intensive treatment. In the majority of cases, the disease returns. Remission is replaced by a relapse and Vice versa. However, the treatment of psoriasis at home is possible, and often tries to get rid of the acute symptoms and cleanse the human skin plaques and papules. The basic principle of the house of the therapy of control over the disease and prevent complications of the disease.
Home treatment of psoriasis is the use of drugs in various forms of release, as well as traditional medicine. Medications can be of the following types:
- means for external applications – ointments, creams, lotions, shampoos;
- the drugs consumed inside of a variety of drugs as well as tinctures, decoctions;
- lotions, masks and compresses;
- bathrooms with herbs;
- sun and air baths.
All types of treatment is aimed at relief of the patient, the cleaning and restoration of the skin.
What to consider in the treatment at home
To treat psoriasis at home should be very careful. In the course of the therapy before the course of medication should consult with a specialist. Also, to achieve the desired results should adhere to the following rules:
- Strictly follow the instructions of your medication.
- In the milder forms of the disease is limited to ointments and some medicinal plants. If the disease occurs in more serious forms, is very unlikely to avoid treatment of this serious drugs, such as corticosteroids.
- Make sure to use moisturizers. This will help to preserve the natural moisture of the skin.
- Remove the bark only after they soften. This should be done with great care so as not to damage the skin.
- Taking in the sun or air baths must strictly adhere to the instructions prescribed.
- There is No need to apply a few ointments at the same time. This would not increase the treatment effect, and can cause side effects.
- After a course of treatment requires a break. The most serious of the drug, more must be in the interval between your next appointment.
- It is very important to follow a diet and routine. We must also give up bad habits. Even the most effective treatment be rendered useless in the absence of preventive measures.
The use of ointments and creams
Effective psoriasis treatment at home is done with tools designed for the outside of the application. In the majority of cases, these drugs are prescribed by a doctor, since medications often have many side effects and if used improperly can cause significant damage to the body. After the diagnosis and prescriptions to continue the treatment of psoriasis at home. The rest of this article, you will work in a group of drugs that are often prescribed for the disease.
The hormonal treatment is prescribed primarily in the psoriasis serious. These drugs are able to exert a rapid effect, but in most cases, a short-term result. In addition to forbidden prolonged use of drugs hormonal on the basis, as they can cause serious damage to some internal organs. For example, the liver, the kidney, the heart. Another drawback of this type of tools is that their use often leads to the development of the psoriatic arthritis. Most perfumes can be divided into the following groups:
- On the basis of triamcinolone. The drugs have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory properties. They are well relieve the itching and inflammation.
- On the basis of flumethasone, acetonide, fluocinalone. Has expressed antiexudative, antipruritic, antiallergic properties.
- On the basis of hydrocortisone. Contribute to the regeneration and recovery of the dermis. Pathologically slows down rapid skin cell division.
- The ointment with betamethasone. Funds in this group perfectly relieve swelling, eliminate itching and inflammation.
Treatment of psoriasis in the home are most often with hormonal ointments. The main advantage of these funds is a minimum of side effects and the lack of effect of habituation. The effect of these drugs less quickly than that of funds on the basis of hormonal, however, the effect of a longer treatment. The main groups of drugs are the following:
- Salicylic and zinc ointment.
- Ointment on the basis of tar. Anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, anti-allergic action.
- Cream with vitamin D. These drugs have a positive effect on dermis cells, relieve the itching and irritation, nourish and regenerate.
- Vitamin vehicles. Its composition is a lot of necessary elements, such as zinc, magnesium, potassium, copper, iron and others.
- Medicines that contain fat. Data of medicines well-adjusted metabolic processes, reduce inflammation, eliminate itching and inflammation.
Drugs intended for domestic reception
Methods of psoriasis treatment at home also involve the use of tools for internal ingestion. Treatment at home must necessarily include the reception antihistamines and sedatives.
All funds must be appointed on the basis of the current disease and the patient. Psoriasis and its treatment at home requires a careful approach and the lack of elementary rules can lead to complications and significant deterioration of the condition of the patient.
Treatment at home with activated charcoal
One of the main reasons for the development of psoriasis is a violation of metabolic processes. In consequence, the skin is subject to change. Therefore, one of the ways of treatment of this disease is the use of drugs in the interior. Activated charcoal has an absorbent effect in the body, removes harmful substances, helps normalize the metabolism. This drug is often used for the treatment of psoriasis. There are methods of use of activated charcoal against such dermatological diseases:
- To consume the tablets 2 times a day. The amount should be calculated on the basis of body weight – 1 tablet every 10 kg. the Duration of this type of exhibition will be 1 month.
- Grind pills to the consistency of the powder, the amount calculated in accordance with the weight. Pour 1 Cup of water make the resulting solution, 2 times a day 2 hours before eating. A course of this type of therapy should be about 40 days.
- 3 hours before the meal should take 1 tablet. Take 3 pieces a day.
The choice of the scheme of the administration of activated charcoal depends on the degree of the lesions of the skin.
The use of innovative media
How to treat psoriasis at home? Often the home non-traditional methods of treatment of psoriasis. These include tools such as therapy with mud and clay. These methods are relatively safe, however, sometimes gives the most unexpected results.
It works very well with the mud extracted from the lake Sivash. For the purchase of a tool in the pharmacy. To use enough to heat up the mud and apply a layer to the affected part of the skin. The mask leave on for 1-1 .5 hours until dry. The mud is removed with hot water.
You can also use the white clay. It has a healing effect on the dermis, dries and relieves inflammation and itching.