When faced with psoriasis, many patients do not immediately recognize pathology as allergic rashes and other dermatitis. The timely diagnosis of the disease it is important to know the pathology, what are the stages of psoriasis, the symptoms of the disease at different stages. The course of psoriasis is characterized by four stages, among which are primary, progressive, consisting of stage and stage of regression. More detail of each stage you consider, this article.
In the initial stages of psoriasis
Many patients care about how it works psoriasis in the initial stages? The first symptoms of the disease may be in the picture. This stage is characterized by the development of skin typical red, pink spots on the borders. The disease can occur in different parts of the body. Here is a photo of the pathology of the different parts of the body.
The psoriasis symptoms in the initial stages
The early-stage disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- mild reactions, the dermis;
- redness of the skin;
- development itching;
- a feeling of dryness, tightness;
- the formation of spots of different diameters;
- a gradual strengthening of peeling.
The clinical picture of the disease may vary, depending on the disease. So, psoriasis drops of the size of the plaque is of a smaller diameter of not more than 2 — 3 mm. The most common, vulgar, rash remains high, more than 5 cm, often intertwined, which is a big lake. The pustular psoriasis is characterized by education of the skin yellow crusts, or greyish accumulation of serous fluid under them.
In the initial stage, all patients differently. It depends on the type, the immune system of the patient, as well as other characteristics of the organism.
The treatment of early stage
The first stage of the disease is often prescribed a topical treatment of lesions with the use of ointments, gels, creams. The medication is intended to eliminate the itching, flaking, swelling, redness, inflammation. To do this, use the hormonal and non-hormonal ointments.
The hormones in the initial stage is prescribed rarely. Often their use is recommended in patients with the acute course of the pathology.
Hormonal ointments often cause side effects. We recommend that you use them exclusively in the recipe.
Progressive stage of psoriasis
Progressive stage characterized by increased symptoms of the disease, the plaques more itching, peeling, swelling, inflammation increases. Rashes on the skin begin to blend, affecting large areas of the skin. The development stage often this symptom is the phenomenon of keb. The essence of the phenomenon lies in the fact that new lesions appear in areas of damaged skin. If the skin scratches, abrasions, burns the place, it is likely that the plaques be displayed. The duration of the development phase, an average of 14 days to several months. All of the patients, this period depends on the individual characteristics of the body, and how quickly the immune system to cope with the pathology.
Treatment of advanced-stage
Acute psoriasis requires a holistic approach with the following methods:
- The medicine.
- The use of physiotherapy.
- Correction lifestyle of the patient.
Important! Tactics of treatment is selected individually for each patient depending on the severity of the disease, peculiarities of the course, mainly to the complications.
Get rid of the plaque, the reduction of symptoms in medical practice use the following group of drugs:
- Antihistamines – designed to reduce the symptoms such as itching, redness.
- Sedative drugs will help you remove the excessive nervous tension, normalizes sleep.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs - reliably relieve the inflammation, help eliminate the redness and other signs of sickness.
- Diuretics medicines are designed for excretion of excess fluid and salt. These drugs help to cleanse the body, which positively affect the course of the disease.
- Keratolytic – contribute to the good exfoliation of the epidermis, strengthens the regeneration of the skin, update.
- Immunomodulatory – regulates the functioning of the human immune system, which is an important part of the healing process.
- Hormonal creams give quick results, they are used mainly in severe disease.
- The cytotoxic drugs usually suppress the immune system, which is sometimes necessary to get rid of psoriasis plaques.
All drugs should be used only after prescription. Individual treatment will only worsen the course of disease.
Methods of physical therapy include:
- PUVA treatment;
- The use of ultrasonic irradiation.
- Magneto therapy.
- Selective treatment.
- The laser beams.
- The Paraffin bath.
- The Spa treatment.
The session number, their duration, choose the doctor, as the characteristics and type of disease, as well as the personal qualities and general well-being of the patient.
The traditional methods
The folk medicinal method is recommended:
- The natural oils (juniper, or lavender). Healing, calming effect, a beneficial effect on the skin. Method of application: a few drops of oil add the cream, then dot up the rash.
- Hydrogen peroxide (3%). Is applied and not washed off. Before applying you need to consult a dermatologist.
- 30 g of propolis mixed with 250 ml of vegetable oil (pre-need). The prepared mixture should be applied to dissolve the Horny layer of the epidermis and restore the skin's elasticity.
- Beeswax. This product is a calming effect. Beeswax should be melted in a water bath, then gently apply the bark, which is the papules.
- Med. The main waste product of the bees has a positive effect for the human body, psoriasis. This should be consumed in limited quantities – 2 tablespoons per day.
Tincture of psoriasis against
The popular treatment you use, all the same, the oil and the hydrogen peroxide.
You can add the tincture on the basis of the celandine. The preparation you will need 3 tablespoons of this plant (dry or fresh) , salt, water. In any case, don't use alcohol as this may dry out the skin.
How to prepare a remedy:
- ingredients to be mixed;
- leave for a few hours.
Before applying the tincture to the skin, it is recommended to anoint, birch tar (dot), to enhance the healing effect.
In order for the therapy to be effective, the patient to the diet, harmful foods, because of the deteriorating condition.
Patients with psoriasis, it is important to follow the correct diet. Diet fast clear your skin, platelets, preventing complications of the disease.
The principles of clinical nutrition in the following:
- It is necessary to leave a strong, salty, sour, fried foods. These products not only enhance the growth of the plaques.
- The diet should be saturated, a large number of fruits and vegetables.
- The main food, it is better to choose cereals, soups, lean fish and meat.
- The table does not contain the food allergens. You need to give up eggs, nuts, chocolate, citrus fruits.
- Drinks with caffeine also excluded.
- Banned alcohol, carbonated drinks.
- Dairy products contain fat. Preference should be given to the yogurt without any artificial additives, kefir, yogurt.
It is recommended to eat small portions, avoid too much eating. The diet is an important part of treatment of the disease. Proper nutrition helps to saturate the body with vitamins, you get rid of toxins.
Stationary phase is characterized by reduced growth, the psoriasis plaques, the number of the body is not reduced, the disease seemed to go into sleep mode. In the presence of trigger factors, and pathology of the stationary might be again on the stage progress. The reasons for this phenomenon, improper treatment, refusal to diet, trauma to the skin. The duration of the stationary phase is so different for different patients, which is quite difficult to imagine. On average, it takes a few weeks to several years.
Stage regression the last step before symptoms of the disease. Here are the following changes:
- The color of the papules of bright red in a pale pink hue.
- Decrease the amount of peeling.
- Going to the itching.
- The skin is cleansed, you get a smoother sound, and structure.
- While some parts of the body or the so-called "on-duty plaques". Such outbreaks are not completely preserves the skin during asymptomatic.
Psoriasis refers to a chronic dermatitis, non-infectious in nature. To completely get rid of the pathology to the present day is not possible. Patients who have a pathology, a whole life, to adhere to the preventive measures to prevent recurrence. Many patients are not able to maintain remission for many years and lead a full life.