This disease often develops at a young age. The light believes that the emergence of serious psychological problems: low self-esteem, constant feelings of shame, social isolation. Psoriasis is not life threatening, but there is a very large impact on the quality.
What is psoriasis, what are the causes, how to treat? This is a fairly common dermatosis: medical statistics show that it affects about 5-7% of the population. In recent years, psoriasis has been regarded as a systemic disease — arthritis disease because the pathological process, in addition to the skin, and should be involved in the joints, liver, kidney.
Factors of psoriasis, the symptoms
The study of psoriasis, its causes, and to find a cure continues. Until finally the factors leading to skin lesions. The experts emphasize the importance of the following points:
- a significant expansion of the extent of cell division, which is the peeling of the top layer of skin appearance of convex plaques;
- genetic predisposition;
- the weakening of protective forces of an organization (e.g. a disease).
The basic distinctive signs of the disease in the form of a triad, which includes:
- education easy seeing scaly patches whitish-gray color – the so-called phenomenon stearin spot;
- additional accessories reveals a smooth pink surface – the phenomenon of terminal film;
- the appearance of the blood drops on the exposed surface, or the phenomenon of a dot bleeding.
Because the disease is chronic in nature, the question, "How to cure psoriasis?" will automatically change the wording to "How to translate a durable remission?"
Medications for the treatment of psoriasis
It means that the external treatment
Topical preparations reduce the inflammation, the scaling, the degree of infiltration of the skin. The creams, ointments that contain the following ingredients:
- salicylic acid;
Glucocorticoid also apply to the local resources. The cream I use is useful in the treatment of psoriasis localized on the scalp.
- At this stage, the progression of the disease is assigned to additional information, ointment or hormonal agents, anti-inflammatory effect. First apply a lighter – prednisolone, hydrocortisone,. In the case of repeated exacerbations, a significant expression of the inflammatory process are replaced by stronger fluorinated drugs. The use of these drugs quite effectively in 70% of cases result in a 14-day use it is possible to achieve the total regression of the lesions.
- Several years apply negalogenizirovanny glucocorticoids. With the exception of the composition of the chlorine, fluoride significantly decreased the likelihood of side reactions, local or systemic. The drugs on the basis of local medication in the treatment of psoriasis in elderly patients children.
- A stronger effect is achieved by the application of ointments, creams dithranol. Are assigned to increasing doses of short-term or long-term methods, as well as anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative action. The downside is that the likelihood of side effects in the form of redness, local swelling, itching or.
- Today in the treatment of psoriasis a new drug psorcutan, to have a direct effect on the pathogenic nature of the provoking factors for developing the disease. The active ingredient calcipotriol, which enters the active reaction of the receptors on epithelial cells, and inhibits the process of division, immunocorrecting and anti-inflammatory effect. Studies show that in the second month, the skin condition improves, the number of lesions is significantly reduced or completely disappear. It is important that the lack of side effects such as skin atrophy, as well as the results achieved. Psorcutan used in the treatment of guttate psoriasis, which makes it difficult for the therapy. In certain cases, it is possible to achieve a remission period of up to one year. Medium efficiency increased significantly with the combination of the methods of physical therapy – PUVA - or securities-financing transactions, contracting-irradiation.
The tools used must be periodically replaced, as the result of setting the efficiency is reduced.
On the basis of systemic treatment with aromatic retinoids (synthetic derivatives of vitamin A). 20 years of practice in the application demonstrates the effectiveness of these funds.
Treatment of psoriatic arthritis
Treatment of psoriatic arthritis issue two specialists: a rheumatologist, a dermatologist. The goal is to achieve the state of remission (partial or complete). It should be noted that stop the progression of the disease, eliminate the symptoms only through the use of medicines. In the experiment, some patients to get rid of the disease non-traditional methods do not lead to positive results, because, exacerbation, complications, such as serious changes in the tissues, the joints, the spine and the internal organs.
How can you treat this form of psoriasis? Drugs fall into two categories:
- symptomatic, which include the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory remedies, corticosteroids;
- essential drugs, anti-inflammatory effects: sulfasalazine, methotrexate, leflunomide.
The use of the first group leads to the rapid appearance of a positive result. Symptoms such as pain, stiffness disappears after a couple of hours. However, these drugs are not able to stop the process of destruction of the joints.
Effective the treatment this type of psoriasis is achieved through the application of basic drugs. The result of the action is slow, but the development of psoriatic arthritis this will significantly slow down or even stop. The disadvantage of this drug is that after a certain time the body gets used to them. It is necessary to increase the dose to provoke the development of side effects.
Excellent results can be achieved with the help of the anti-cytokine (biological) treatment, thanks to which you are able to stop the destruction of the joints. Today this method is considered to be the most effective.
It's very important for the timely initiation of treatment when the joints have not yet undergone deformation, because this process is irreversible.
Treatment of Palmar-plantar psoriasis
What cure the different psoriasis localized to the palms, feet? This question is quite problematic, because the conventional treatments are ineffective, because of the significant severity of the pathological processes in the skin epidermis, as well as a factor of the constant irritation and traumatization of the skin in these areas as a result of the clothing, frequent washing, etc.
- The effective treatment of Palmar-plantar psoriasis need to follow certain rules:
- I don't eat fried food, foods, spicy taste;
- to stop Smoking;
- eliminate alcoholic beverages;
- don't wash your hands and your feet in the warm water;
- use the rubber gloves to the fabric to prevent contact with the corrosive household chemicals;
- if your foot cracks, then we recommend that you use the hydrocolloid solution, when applied on the affected area to prevent the rubbing effect, alleviates itching, stimulates the regeneration of the skin.
- The aim of pathogenetic therapy, the oppression, the spreading of epithelial cells, normalizes the development of the reduction of the inflammation.
- External treatment use:
- softening, moisturizing preparations, which contribute to the removal of the stratum corneum of the skin (in most cases, these are based on salicylic acid);
- derivatives of vitamin D;
- If you don't know that the result is positive, also referred to as PUVA therapy is essentially the exposure of affected areas to the ultraviolet rays using a psoralen (photoactive material).
- The ineffectiveness of other methods of treatment prescribed for systemic treatment.
The treatment of psoriasis on the elbow
This type of pathology treated comprehensively. This process is quite long and includes the following:
- the following special diet;
- vitamin complex;
- local treatments (ointments, creams, lotions);
In the treatment of mild forms of psoriasis on the elbow can also restrict the use of moisturizer, which helps to reduce the peeling, get rid of inflammation, itching.
The advanced-stage, using an integrated treatment:
- corticosteroids local action;
- light therapy;
- alternative methods for the treatment of psoriasis (a folk remedy).
The treatment of psoriasis nails
Nail psoriasis is first in the 19-th century. It was already noted that the isolation, which needs to be further strengthened. The nails are affected in some types of psoriasis (for example, vulgar), however, the disease can develop independently.
How to treat nail psoriasis? The process is complex, period. The disease is recurrent in nature, may occur in waves. The most important condition of the therapy to the correct paint, the hands and the daily necessary measures, and adherence to certain rules:
- nails should be short, to the cutting;
- to avoid micro trauma;
- I don't manicure, pedicure, no other cosmetic procedures;
- during the execution, the job, the household gloves.
The treatment of psoriasis nails mild drugs do not apply. Can be limited by applying the disk to a therapeutic varnish. They mask the affected areas, slowing down the pathological process and prevent a relapse.
Severe require topical treatment with the use of ointments, creams, solutions. Additional measures recommended intake of food Supplements, vitamin preparations, which are calcium, zinc, potassium, silicon. The aggravation of the process, it is best to avoid.
The treatment of psoriasis of the scalp
- An important part of the treatment of psoriasis, the head of the intake of vitamins a, b group, drugs, calcium, and nicotinic acid, using ascorbic acid, folic acid.
- The most effective is the use of corticosteroids.
- A good effect can be achieved by using additional information, ointment.
- Help it is recommended to moisten the scalp, the decoction of the herbs are strong anti-inflammatory effect: celandine, chamomile or sage.
The treatment of psoriasis on the face
Many patients try to hide the destruction of the traces of using cosmetics, but that's impossible. Constant contact with air, light, sunlight plaque heal much faster.
- A mandatory condition for the treatment of psoriasis on the face skin care only funds, which are designed for sensitive skin.
- It is forbidden to wipe his face with a towel – this leads to mechanical damage, the platelets and stimulate the growth.
- In the winter you should use moisturizing products.
Complex therapy of psoriasis appearance of the face, the following measures:
- local treatment, ointments, creams, lotions;
- the physiotherapy;
- adherence to therapeutic diets;
- the vitamins.
The treatment of psoriasis folk remedies
Traditional medicine offers many proven ways to get rid of psoriasis.
In the tub, in warm water, dissolve a packet of salt, lay the patient on 15 minutes. Also to moisten the scalp. After leaving the bath the person is dry without the deletion. You need to prepare the onion paste and RUB it on the head, then the body of the patient, leave it for around a quarter of an hour with a rag to remove the leftover funds, as well as to the patient in the bed. In the morning I prepare a decoction of celandine, coctum 300 grams of the plant in a bucket of water, and then wash the whole body. The next morning, lava should be a neutral soap and a weak solution of manganese. Repeat the procedure 7 times.
Prepare the infusion using two teaspoons of ground chicory cup of boiling water. After cooling the liquid to dampen a clean cloth made of natural material will be applied to the lesions.
The original method of treatment of psoriasis's writing is very effective. Writing should be baked in the oven, before turning to ash. Lubricate plaque juice, garlic, a pinch of pumpkin ash. The method is pretty unpleasant, but effective.
The recipe is 4
Two eggs, a good whisk, a tablespoon of sunflower oil, add half a spoon of acetic acid, pour the mixture into a bottle of dark glass. In the evening, to be used for lubrication in the affected areas. This ointment is particularly effective in the initial stages of the pathology.